Entrepreneurs are born vs. made - Debate Reloaded

I was a complete supporter of "Entrepreneurs are made, not born" thing; however, as my experience & observation grows, I see that entrepreneurs are born, not made.

Entrepreneurship is not everyone's cup of tea. Those who dare to be entrepreneurs are, in my opinion, born with a different mindset. While others learn to compromise on the corporate shit; some turn out rebels and go on their own. Some care about their ideas and believe in them so much that they don't feel anything odd when leaving their jobs.

Some start in school and it comes to their mind naturally.

But the 'fire' to be different and do something different is natural to someone. Its almost impossible to ignite that fire in someone who's no motivation to do anything different from the crowd.

I believe entrepreneurs are born. What do you think?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    is it that a entrepreneur needs to be told he can start a business? or is it that he is being reminded he is an entrepreneur?
    I think, people who have what it takes will tend to get into it as a way of life, rather than changing thier life to become one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    is it that a entrepreneur needs to be told he can start a business? or is it that he is being reminded he is an entrepreneur?
    I think, people who have what it takes will tend to get into it as a way of life, rather than changing thier life to become one.
    Exactly, and that's the reason I think entrepreneurs are born, not made.
  • callyD
    callyD
    We have good examples which prove that they are born and not made like Dhirubhai Ambani, Karsanbhai Patel, Sir Richard Branson, many more...
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Definitely Entrepreneurs are born but also few people who change their life to be one also can definitely succeed if they put in more hard work and if they are really vibrant and dynamic in their own way!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Entrepreneurs are born and are made! No individual answer is correct!
    Since, few people see opportunities before joining any job and they start it , they have the leadership skills right from the start!
    In my opinion Ambani is made entrepreneur and his sons are born , as they grow in that world they see every thing as an opportunity thus they get better business ideas.

Biggie , if I ask you a question are you a born entrepreneur or made one?
    what you say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    Entrepreneurs are born and are made! No individual answer is correct!
    Since, few people see opportunities before joining any job and they start it , they have the leadership skills right from the start!
    In my opinion Ambani is made entrepreneur and his sons are born , as they grow in that world they see every thing as an opportunity thus they get better business ideas.

Biggie , if I ask you a question are you a born entrepreneur or made one?
    what you say?
    I believe all entrepreneurs are born and that includes me. I had the 'itch' right from beginning and I don't think it'll die anytime in future.

I think entrepreneurs can't be made because I've began believing that entrepreneurship cannot be taught. No matter how much I tell positives about entrepreneurship and try to motivate someone; I can never ignite the inner fire needed to become an entrepreneur. I can tell this with 100% surety because I've experienced it on so many occasions. One may argue that sometimes, there are situations that force someone to become an entrepreneur. A typical example could be someone not getting a job becoming an entrepreneur. But you see, I've personally known people who couldn't get a job but they never even thought about starting (or, for that matter, even trying to start) something on their own. They'd keep cursing their fate than doing something to fix it.

I believe entrepreneurs have that 'itch' - which they get right from their day 0001. That's why entrepreneurs are born, not made.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm sure there are lot of CAT 2010 takers over here. I welcome all of you to start contributing your tips & strategy for CAT 2010 preparation. What do you...
A Stranger in Paradise The Story of an extraordinary Civil Servant- By Achala Moulik A Text book of Surveying – By C L Kochher A Water Harvesting Manual for Urban...
What types of CMOS memories have you designed? What were their size? Speed? Configuration Process technology? What work have you done on full chip Clock and Power distribution? What process...
hello friends. can anyone suggest me the best book for quantative aptitude for the 4th year students, B.tech ,ECE for aptitude exams during placement ?
At what time between 7 and 9 o'clock will the hands of a clock be in the same straight line but, not together? A. 5 min. past 7 B. 5*(2...