Engineering Projects for Lazy Students

I'm currently an Engineering Instructor at a secondary institution and am trying to research engaging projects that my students can do. However, this public school provides only moderately motivated students at best. That being said, I would like for them to work and a hands on project to motivate them in their studies and potentially studying engineering as undergrads one day. I'm looking for simple projects that could potentially build to something bigger, but any eye catching, interesting-looking project would help at this point. I hope anyone out there with experience as instructors can give me guidance in the matter. Thank you!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are hundreds of things one can do.
    Where are you located?
    You can contact Agastya International Foundation, which has the same aim as you.
    Agastya International Foundation | Reimagining Education

If you would like to try something on your own try Arvind Gupta's suggestions.

Toys from Trash

I can also help with some projects if you are in India.
  • Julio C. Navarro Jr.
    Julio C. Navarro Jr.
    These Projects are just the thing to get me started! Thank you!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Hello and welcome to CrazyEngineers.
    I just wanted to know - How do you develop interest for engineering and science in students at a very young age? How do you develop their interest in interesting projects when their mind is just thinking about playing and food? Any kind of tip would be great.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On the internet, gifs represents the epitome of creativity, in my humble opinion. So people, the masterpieces you see need to be shared, right? 😁
Transcend has announced the launch of 16GB and 32GB DDR3 Registered DIMM (RDIMM) modules. These modules are aimed at boosting the memory in Apple Mac Pro 2013 workstation. The Apple...
What is the process you follow when you want to get some information from the internet? For example I wanted today morning to find out when India was playing at...
Dope infographic for Mad Men fans. 👍 Most of the quotes are all too familiar, but still. Moi is making a poster of this for sure. *Hot-linking the infographic since...
The all new Seiki U-Vision HDMI cable can easily convert any HD video into a 4K ultra HD video on the go! The Godsend for those who recently bought 4K...