Engineering Jobs In 2012 - Are We Optimistic?

I'm failing to understand whether the engineering & technology industry is doing well or not. Thanks to the confusing reports by the leading media that does not give us any 'clear' picture of the jobs scenario in 2012. On one hand, there's news that says that the engineering & tech industry is suffering from recession and engineers are being forced to work harder. Then there's news that says there will be much more job creation in 2012 than ever. Which news do we believe?

It makes sense to see what the insiders think about it. Do let us know how's the job scenario going to be in your country and your domain. Share the insider news with us.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just wondering whether we have engineers who're planning to start their own full-time or part-time venture in 2012. It could just a part-time activity that you want to turn into...
The journey of entrepreneurship is full of good and bad experiences. Why not share our good experiences in the journey? Let me start by sharing my own experience which I...
Most of the entrepreneurs dream of breaking even right in the first month or I'd say "as fast as possible". But often, finding your first customer and actually making your...
I've had a long debate with my friend about laptops being used for 'privacy' over 'mobility'. Let's face it, laptop gives you a way to hide your screen from the...
CEans, many engineering students are working on robots as their final or third year projects. Unless your design is confidential, why not share the photos of your robots with us?...