'Engineering' is dream job / profession for Indians

World's biggest professional network - LinkedIn recently conducted a survey which was taken by about 8000 professionals all over the world. About 415 professionals replied from India and about 18.6% of the professionals chose 'Engineering' as their childhood 'dream' profession.

I'm curious to know and want to conduct a mini survey here to ask our CEans for how many of us the dream profession was always 'engineering'? If you wanted to be someone else, please tell us through the comments.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Techonology always fascinated me from my childhood. The mechanism of how things worked was a wonder for me. I wanted to find out how my remote controlled car ran, how the tape recorder worked and how the radio talked. Half of these stuff were trashed beacuse I wanted to know how these worked 😐

As a child I wanted to be a scientist. But later I understood, It was engineering that I was interested in 😁
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I was fascinated in making things that made me an Engineer. But a teacher in my frist year made me to sparkle out as not only a crazy engineer But also one with lots of info But true interest can only flare up if you love it and make it your hobby \

Right now this is my hobby and I am loving what I am doing
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    My school days were the time of high point of Indian physics. Stalwarts like Saha, Bose and Raman strode the world. Every student dreamt of doing physics and joining Raman. So did I. Did not quite happen. The next choice was engineering R&D, which was what I got into.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I was a confused 16 year old when I gave my 10th boards. My father and brother being mechanical and electrical engineers respectively, engineering was something regularly discussed at lunch and post-dinners.
    The most creative profession that lets you find practical technological solutions to people's problems and let you affect million of lives is engineering. Being an engineer was a matter of pride and respect.
    And now that I am one, (i.e. having degree that vouches for it), I don't think I could've been anything else.
    This was my dream job. I am living a dream. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like Samsung is getting the Jelly Bean ready for the good old Galaxy S2. There were leaks on the Internet that pointed the Jelly Bean (android 4.0) treatment for...
You move, he moves. You smile, he smiles. You get angry, he gets angry. "He" is the avator you chose. Faceshift, from EPFL's Computer Graphics and Geometry Laboratory, now offers...
Intel CEO, who's taken the company to the unimaginable heights during his last 40 years with the company. He was the man responsible for the dominance of the X86 systems...
Gone are the days when people used to have indiatimes.com email IDs. As per the notice displayed on the service's login page, no new registrations are being accepted from now...
There is a certain procedure or steps that the hacker follows to carry out his activities. These are better known as phases as mentioned below. a. Reconnaissance b. Scanning and...