encryption and decryption

what are encryption and decryption techniques? for what purpose are these used?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Encryption is basically used to spoof your original data so that it can be read by only the person its intended for. So obvious reason for encryption is to make your data transmission secure. For eg. Military transmission. This is a highly classified data which should not be intercepted by the others.

There are various encryption techniques like,

- Advance Encryption Standard (like Rijndale & few others come under AES. This is used by military).
    - Private key encryption [This is a category of encryption]
    - Public key encryption [This is a category of encryption]
    - Blowfish
    - Twofish
    - RSA
    - SHA
    - Message Digest (v 1,2,3,4,5). Currently MD5 is very famous.
    ... and the list is very big.

Make sure that encrypting and encoding are two different things. Encoding is done to maintain the reliability of data and to detect errors easily. Encoding is not meant for security.
  • pavani abburi
    pavani abburi
    thanks for information..........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiii iam rama krishna , i got PG-DITISS in c-dac banglore and my rank for A+B is 2117 .I want to know whether it is good or bad in aspect...
I wanted to know why b.w. of transmitter is more? I read it from my text buk according to which transmitter's bandwidth is greater. But then this would result in...
I'm naveen from hyderabad completed my B.tech in Electonics stream and i got seat in C-DAC
hiii ....i got pg-ditiss in c-dac bnglr . help me to know more about it...😀
The major problem with cancer is that it spreads throughout the body of the patient. If the problem was confined to a single organ, it would have been much easier...