Enable Preview Of Chrome Tabs In Windows 7 Taksbar

You can now preview open Google Chrome tabs right in the taskbar - a feature that Windows 7 provides. By using this simple trick you will be able to display a tiny preview of all open tabs in chrome just by hovering your mouse over the Chrome icon in taskbar.

Do the following -

• Right click on the Chrome Icon on desktop
  • Select 'Properties'
  • Head over to 'Shortcut' tab
  • Now, at the end of the path in 'Target', viz: C:\Users\CEan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe add a space and append following code:
  • --enable-aero-peek-tabs
  • The whole thing should look like this -
C:\Users\CEan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --enable-aero-peek-tabs
Note, the path location you've in the tab should be left intact, else it won't function.

Restart Chrome and open two-three tabs. Enjoy previews of all open tabs.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Thankz... But it works only in Canary builds I guess... Please confirm it Biggie... 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, it now works in stable builds as well. Try and let me know. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been wondering why do we use bypass capacitors? What's the specific purpose they're used in electronic circuits?
Burt Rutan's delivered his final design that he designed prior to his reitement in April 2011: Burt Rutan’s Scaled Composites Delivers Model 367 “BiPod” – A Flying Hybird Car -...
CEans, I invite all of you to inform us about the college events, tech-fests, gatherings and everything scheduled in this year. For better visibility, it's better to start a new...
i need help to find good a good materials and metallurgical engineering project and seminar to do in my final year.
Hello, all. I am Carolin. New here, nice to meet you. I am here to learning from you and share what i know to you.