Emergency houses for disaster management.

Project Abstract / Summary : India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disaster on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions.Floods,droughts,cyclone,earthquake and landslides have been a reccurent phenomena.About 60% of the landmass is prone to earthquake of various intensities;over 40 million hectares is prone to floods;about 8% of the total arear is prone to cyclones and 68% of the area is susceptible for drought.It is really an unfortunate and undesirable situation that in our country where more than 6 crores people are affected by disasters every year.Even as substantial scientific and material progress is made,the loss of life and property due to disaster has not decreased.In this project the objective is to reduce life and property losses and the construction of emergency or mobile houses for the quick rehabilitation of collapsed building from the cause of disaster. The plan emphasizes the fact that development cannot be sustainable without mitigation being built into development process.A emergency houses are the pre-frabricated structures built in a factory on a permenantly attached chassis before being transported to site which is useful for disaster management.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Natural Disasters are very frequent this days and it brings immense loss to lives and property. Not only that, it brings along with it unforgottable trauma, which ever remains memorable in the minds of the people.And they are feeling more trouble without house to live.This is the main problem for the people.I have personally felt bad about the people who are standing in the streets without their house because of natural disaster Being in the care of our country people we have started this project for emergency or mobile houses.This is the required one for the country inspite of natural disaster. So we have chosen this topic with the great interest.

Project Category : Civil / Structural
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: GKM college of engineering
City: Perungulathur,chennai
State: Tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Assistive devices are one of the most revolutionized aspects in wearable technology for electronic applications, as they contain the potential to aid people with physical...
The Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex is on a launching spree this month. After unveiling Aqua X, Aqua Power HD, Aqua 5X and Aqua 3G Star this month, the company has...
Rezortify is a resort discovery portal in India. Co-founded by Nikita Mittal and Dhaval Jani in 2014, Rezortify brings its users to the best resorts at prime locations based on...
Hello guys, I plan to develop a web platform where you can ask questions related to engineering textbooks. For me, when I was in my first study year, I often...
If you are applying for a job or facing an MBA interview, chances of you facing that question in any interview scenario are quite obvious. The interviewer wants to know...