Elon Musk Brings Solar Energy To Horizon After Electric Cars

What happens when an unstoppable force meets a renewable energy? An awful amount of work is done. The unstoppable force I’m referring to is Elon Musk who recently released his company’s patents in #-Link-Snipped-# and who is also the largest shareholder of SolarCity, an American provider of energy systems. The California-based company announced on Tuesday that it would acquire Silevo, a manufacturer of high-efficiency solar modules. SolarCity hopes to expand its services with this new acquisition and plans to build solar panels on a large scale.

solar_panels

The company is in talks with the state of New York to build one of the largest solar panel factory in the city of Buffalo within the next two years. Elon Musk has been urging the influx of cleaner energy and the decision to build a solar plant is so that it could compete with other energy sources and prove to be a viable option for people. Cost is currently a bottleneck for solar energy as even basic solar panels haven’t been able to proliferate due to their overhead. The company aims to lower costs and increase its slated solar capacity to one gigawatt by next year.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I've completed M.C.A. I'm having 17 Yrs of experience in Software Dev/product Development. Now, I'm interested in doing Ph.d and looking for suggestions in selecting an area/topic, which will...
The search engine on CrazyEngineers' has just get got better. Here's an overview of what's new with the search:- The results are now sorted by relevancy (earlier it was based...
Next Stickers Stock Is Arriving Soon! Get Your Free Sticker Set Before We Run Out Of Stock! 👍 ​The next batch of CrazyEngineers Stickers will arrive by the end of...
Lenovo A680, Micromax Doodle 3 or soon to be launched Blackberry z3, which one seems the best smartphone in this price band ?
Toshiba has launched the Satellite P50 laptop in India with a price tag of Rs. 86,000. The laptop is world's first with 4K (Ultra HD) display that pushes 3840x2160 pixels...