Electronic Energy Meter in a Microwave

Hello,

I am in a bit of sticky situation and would welcome all ideas in this regard. My client has this problem where people are, literally, frying the energy meters in their homes using apparatus that is similar to a microwave.

So, i have been given the task to find out what fault does the microwave induce in the energy meter. What i am doing i pretty simple, placing a energy meter (with battery) in a microwave for 5 seconds. What i have observed is it takes about 2-3 seconds for the meter to go dead. A spark is observed and the display goes dead after that.

After examination of the dead meter, i found out that the resistors connected with shunt and CT are fried.

I have repeated the experiment by removing the battery and the resistors, mentioned above, but the spark is still observed after 2-3 seconds and meter goes dead.

I can't seem to figure out why is the meter acting out the way it is. Any ideas?

Replies

• assignmenthlp
    assignmenthlp
    Your problem is very critical but i will try to help you.

@assignmenthelp : Donot post more links, if posts you will be banned.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Very simple question. And answer is: "Use WiFi Modem" But, situation is different here. I have connection at my place, I have WiFi enabled modem with me, which works for...
Friends, here are some excellent voiCE posts that you should not miss reading 😀 Google.Com/Wallet/ Rolled Out – Are Consumers Ready For It? - CrazyEngineers MIT scientists Develop way To...
My once in a lifetime trip to Israel is about to conclude and we're spending last two days of the trip in Eilat, the city located near the Red sea....
Hi to all, Currently i am designing a CRM web applications using J2EE . For this application i need to support the localization for the layout (such as Menu names)....
Today I went to an interview where I got to know that there are many agricultural based enterprises. It made me wonder how can someone turn out agriculture into a...