Electrical Engineer - Scope in IT Industry as PHP Developer

i am a new mmbr of dis page,i am an electrical engineer,2015 pass out,do i have any good scope in IT industry?? I want to start my carrier as a PHP devoloper.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    JOKER_ENGINEER
    i am a new mmbr of dis page,i am an electrical engineer,2015 pass out,do i have any good scope in IT industry?? I want to start my carrier as a PHP devoloper.
    I'm an electrical engineer who worked in the IT industry for 3 years before quitting and becoming an entrepreneur. So - there's 'scope' for sure.

There are tons of php developer jobs available in the market. I'd recommend getting a certification or building a portfolio of projects so that you can get the attention of your prospective employer.
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm an electrical engineer who worked in the IT industry for 3 years before quitting and becoming an entrepreneur. So - there's 'scope' for sure.

There are tons of php developer jobs available in the market. I'd recommend getting a certification or building a portfolio of projects so that you can get the attention of your prospective employer.

Good morning & Thank you sire,actually iv got a lill bit firstrated by not having a suitable job in my domain....can you please say me that,what things should i have to know about computer language?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    JOKER_ENGINEER
    can you please say me that,what things should i have to know about computer language?
    If you've chosen PHP as the language; you've got to become an expert. There are several tutorials that will help you with learning the language. You'll also need to know and develop mastery on any popular framework - like Laravel, for example.

Knowing only PHP may not help because you'll also need to have some knowledge of front-end development. I'd recommend learning jQuery + HTML + CSS. Once you are confident of your skills, I'd recommend that you should start taking projects on freelancing website so that you can build a portfolio of projects and build your experience.
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you've chosen PHP as the language; you've got to become an expert. There are several tutorials that will help you with learning the language. You'll also need to know and develop mastery on any popular framework - like Laravel, for example.

Knowing only PHP may not help because you'll also need to have some knowledge of front-end development. I'd recommend learning jQuery + HTML + CSS. Once you are confident of your skills, I'd recommend that you should start taking projects on freelancing website so that you can build a portfolio of projects and build your experience.

Good morning sire..i have decided to take Android as my future...
    So,being an electrical engineer,What d basics thing should i have to know to be an Android developer?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    JOKER_ENGINEER
    hat d basics thing should i have to know to be an Android developer?
    Start with a beginner course on Android. You'll be able to find a lot of courses on YouTube, udemy and coursera. Try to develop a strong hold in programming in general. I've written a small article on how to learn programming; go through it and let me know if it's helpful: What is the best way to learn programming?
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Start with a beginner course on Android. You'll be able to find a lot of courses on YouTube, udemy and coursera. Try to develop a strong hold in programming in general. I've written a small article on how to learn programming; go through it and let me know if it's helpful: What is the best way to learn programming?

Sire,am becoming a fan of urs...i'v jst read your points...you are absolutly right!
    My problem was,i did not have 60% in my 12th,that's why iv thought that,i am not going to be an IT proffessionl,after that when i heard about start up sectors,then i have got late a bit,.then frstration came,,,have tried to start learning Languages,bt as u'v told i'v got bored...
    Right now,i seriously want to be an IT proffessional,i'v jst started styding C in depth..can you afford me a plan,that how can i make myslf well,to knw android,as i have listened,to know Android well,i must have a bettr idea on C and JAVA atleast!
    I'v already lost a year 😔
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    And sir,please give me one information,what domain should i choose?
    PHP or Android?
    As u know i am a begineer :/
    i am lill bit confused
  • saurabh pandre
    saurabh pandre
    Kaustubh Katdare

yes bro
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    #-Link-Snipped-# sire,what domain should i choose php or asp.net ,to start my carrier?
    As i have to start from a start up IT company!
    ANd i want to make my future in MNCs!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - The decision whether to opt for PHP or Android has to be yours. Be assured that you'll find jobs in either domain if you are REALLY good at it. PHP is easy to learn and there are plenty of resources online for you to learn the language. Then, that goes with Android development as well. You'll need to be very good at Java programming and master the Android SDK.

I'd recommend that you should spend a few days learning more about PHP and Android; and then decide which one looks more interesting to you. If you are genuinely interested in anything - it'll be very easy for you to master it.

Start Up company that's worth joining will have stricter recruitment criteria than most MNCs. If you are exceptional, they'll definitely give you a chance. Else, look for small companies in your city where you can get a job with some basic skills in Android or PHP development. Once you are on the job; you've no option but to enhance your skill set.

You can always apply to an MNC once you've built at least 2-4 years of experience in any technology or domain. I hope this helps.
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    actually sire,iv got confused...i want to choose asp.net domain,as i thnk that android is going to be a tough decission for me right now,
    As an IT proffessional can u say me,that,wheather my decission is good or bad?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Answer remains the same no matter what technology you choose. There cannot be a 'good' or 'bad' decision. You may go ahead and learn asp.net or PHP. There will be plenty of jobs for those who're good at these technologies. As I said earlier, you'll have to find out which language / technology looks more interesting to you and then start learning it. Does this help?
  • Abhijit karmakar
    Abhijit karmakar
    you are great sire....Thank you again for your reply..i will be in touch..and have started learning 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Kaustubh, I am a 2016 passed out from CSE. Sorry, but my question is a bit unrelated to the topic under discussion. I got a job through campus placements...
If you google the most notable engineers of all time, the top names you will come across would typically include - Leonardo Da Vinci, Henry Ford, George Stephenson, Gustave Eiffel...
The future of communication is a route via the contemporary drones or air vehicles – that’s how a team of researchers from the Aalto University and the Tampere University of...
hello Folks, I need some advice from you. I am#NetworkSubjectLover, currently working under infrastructure department in Mphasis Limited Pune.. My basic Job Profile is Monitoring and Basic troubleshooting along with...
Just in case you've been following US Presidential Elections 2016, who do you think will go to the oval office this year? Both the candidates have been putting up a...