Electric Current in Load

Hi Dears,

Good Day
I have a doubt in basic electrical/electronics engineering. My Question is
Does the current depends upon the load resistance ? For example I am going to connect a stepper motor and an IC (some milli amps) parallel, here the doubt arises stepper motor needs higher current (0 to 2 Amps) than the IC.

According to Kirchoff's current law the current meeting at a node is equal to current leaving the junction in the circuit so current is separated according to Resistance am I right ? so does my IC works or booms ? when connected parallel

Could you please guide me ? I am a beginner

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    kcl only deals with nodes so it don't deal on load
    your doubt is right when load is connected in parallel current is same in all loads but voltage varies
    so in electrical devices we see power not the current or voltage
    and 1 thing for motors to run we need more current depending on load keeping 1 as constant that may be power
    if i am wrong correct me
  • Gowtham_JGR
    Gowtham_JGR
    Thanks Narayana Murthy the power of stepper motor is high current, flowing through also high about 1to2 Amps do I need to design another circuit to connect the IC parallel to the Stepper Motor ?

The IC I am going to connect is 4 input NAND Gate IC does it go crazy ? any ideas ?
    I have designed some circuit for reducing voltage yesterday night but I am not sure it can be used also for current ? going to try with Multisim tonight! Good Day

Comments are welcome 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    As my personal view multisim sometimes gives wrong calc in my project i am experienced lot of problems with it.
    If your most familier no problem continue any doubts we are always here for you
  • Gowtham_JGR
    Gowtham_JGR
    Thanks 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The concept of developing a hybrid electric aircraft, is it a feasible option? We can see that there are obvious drawbacks in carrying heavy batteries as a power source on...
Classical guitar is very difficult to play but watching these North Korean kids play it so well makes me want to go back to practicing. Just watch the video!
my self dilkhush kumar.....m from bihar n persuing my B.tech from WBUT kolkatta... my branch is ece(6th sem)............i joined ce to share my knowledge n to get some ideas from...
Could anybody help just tell me the difference b/w different plastics like ABS,PP,PS,Nylon 6,6-6,PVC,HDPE and LDPE etc. I want to know about the specific changes b/w them like there strength,quality...
Hai friends: VIT EEE results are announced AU EEE results are also announced.