Eid..special

Hi,
As Eid is around here in a day or 2.But still here in my office its in doubt,whether its today or tommorow.

In fact I am waiting for a holiday...he he....

That brings me to a doubt..in fact scientific doubt.

Eid is based on the observance of moon..Then why is it so doubt that whether its today or tomorrow.

Scientist working for observation of celestial objects can even predict ,the position of comets ,sunrise ,sunset...etc....Then why is it in doubt to decide the particular day of eid..??

In saudi ,if its today...Then here it would be tommorow...??why???moon is the same whatever angle we seee..??

Or is there anything deep in the religious custom??

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    😛 astronomy. like you have time zones, i beleive the so called date when the moon can be seen as well varies. like in Sydney Eid is on 30/08/2011 AST where as as per IST its 31/08/2011.
    See it this way. IST is 14 hrs ahead of American Standard time and 5 hrs behind AST(Australian standard time)
    I don't know about the religious considerations here 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The Burz Khalifa building will celebrate Eid latest in whole world because the people living there will see the sun 2 minutes longer! I read it somewhere.

I also don't know the religious considerations here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google has added voice commands to its desktop Web search tool for some international users. With Google’s voice search you’re now free to speak it, if your computer detects you...
The campus placements season is on and I'm curious to know whether there are any crazy engineers who're opting out of campus placements to start your own ventures. I know...
I was shocked to see the news in Times of India that Facebook has offered Rs. 45 lakh salary to NIT Warangal Student graduating in 2012. I also thought of...
Facebook's BoltJS is Fast, Robust and Powerful UI framework written entirely in JavaScript and runs in Browser. This means you won't need backend processing and everything runs in your browser....
Cellphone secret codes