Egyptians and Biology

Hey guys, I once read about how Egyptians in ancient times had an advanced technology in various fields. They were excellent architects and civil engineers we know that evidently from their structures. What about there art of medicine and anatomy?

They stored dead bodies in a mummy. And not just in a piss poor condition. They had the art of embalming bodies and store then for quite a long time. This is evident from the mummies. It also gives proof about their excellent knowledge of human body and anatomy. They were able to perform delicate surgeries and treat a number of diseases. Complicated surgery, operations were performed. That all was about 2500 years ago and beyond that. They have surprised the archaeologists when they found evidence of bypass surgery performed on a princess around 1500BC

The daughter of Pharaoh Seqenenre Tao II and the brother of Pharaoh Kamose, the Egyptian princess Ahmose-Meryet-Amon lived in Thebes—now Luxor—between 1540 and 1550 B.C. When she died in her 40s, the royal mummy-to-be may have been suffering from heart disease so severe that today’s doctors would have performed bypass surgery. Her mummy was examined during a larger study that shed new light on the history of the heart condition known as atherosclerosis, suggesting that the disease may have been around much longer than previously thought.
[​IMG]

Source of this image: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can we have masters in engineering physics after doing bachelors in mechanical engineering?
Is it possible to store solar energy directly into regular batteries that you find in markets?
Hi Folks, I'm sure that most of us folks are addicted to certain things in life. Of a few, hot cups of beverages have become our daily habits since long...
does plastic and concrete bonds together??
Hi Folks, I am a huge fan of sweets and often have a bite right after a meal. I would like to know how many of you do the same....