CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@gopaldeshpande • 28 May, 2013
What is the remedy or solution when we come to know that a pile which has been bored and concreted is eccentric at site?
@Anil Jain • 28 May, 2013 The Bookish definition of eccentric Pile is - The deviation of a pile from its plan location, or the out-of-plumbness of a pile; reduces the vertical load capacity.

First think we need to measure the actual and allowable eccentricity. Pile treatment would solely depend on type of pile foundation and in which stage structure is.
Generic treatment, I can think of is,

- Early repair such as encasement or replacement
- Removal of partial load
- Underpinning

if you can give me specific situation and design, I may suggest you something on that.
8.7k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · May 12, 2011

Looking for the BAJA SAE India's Rule Book? Check it out and download it for free-
4.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 4, 2014

Lenovo India has silently pushed its new Android tablet in the Indian market with Lenovo A8-50, an 8-inch Android device that features voice-calling. Running on the slightly older Android 4.2...
7.5k views

@Farjand · Mar 6, 2011

Friends can you imagine life without plastics? Well possibly no. Humans have invented plastics recently may be about 1800 A.D. Well so let us discuss the process of plastic molding....
3.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 30, 2014

I've been following DSLR updates and have read that at the CES 2015, Nikon will announce touch-screen enabled DSLR cameras (maybe Nikon D5500). Then I read a few comments saying...
3.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 9, 2014

ASUS India has come up with its 2014 version of the Asus Fonepad 7 tablet in India with a price tag of Rs. 8,990. The new Fonepad 7 goes with...
4.7k views