Eccentricity of piles

What is the remedy or solution when we come to know that a pile which has been bored and concreted is eccentric at site?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The Bookish definition of eccentric Pile is - The deviation of a pile from its plan location, or the out-of-plumbness of a pile; reduces the vertical load capacity.

First think we need to measure the actual and allowable eccentricity. Pile treatment would solely depend on type of pile foundation and in which stage structure is.
    Generic treatment, I can think of is,

- Early repair such as encasement or replacement
    - Removal of partial load
    - Underpinning

if you can give me specific situation and design, I may suggest you something on that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The term 'Jugaad' was traditionally used in India to refer to the locally made motor vehicles, used mostly in small villages as a means of low-cost transportation. Now, we only...
Our favorite $25 computer has proven that it can work for you any way you want. It has been used in simple projects like voice activated garage doors and high-tech...
From beginning to now one small difficult in all windows OS. Till now that difficult is not corrected. who are know that difficult just reply .......its small only . windows...
All our regular CEans are aware of the VoiCE section and how we keep covering latest engineering and technology news there. Here's our new page that gives a brief intro...
Is it possible mostly Anna Univ semesters are winding up in a while So it would be a pleasure if we guys can hang out in a Saturday some time...