E-MAIL as SMS

I want to use my E-MAIL as a text message(SMS).How can I?

😁

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    there were many methods to do so, most of which have been blocked by the mobile operators.
    one such method was to type the mobile operator special number followed by the recipient #-Link-Snipped-#
    for eg. #-Link-Snipped-# where xxx.. stands for the no where u want to send the no.
    the following also used to work. unsure about it now. eg-

Provider E-mail to SMS address format
    BPL mobile #-Link-Snipped-#
    Chennai RPG Cellular #-Link-Snipped-#
    Chennai Skycell / Airtel #-Link-Snipped-#
    Delhi Aritel #-Link-Snipped-#
    Delhi Hutch #-Link-Snipped-#
    Idea Cellular #-Link-Snipped-#
    Orange #-Link-Snipped-#

and other techniques are to register at free sms sending sites such as 160by2.com. register there and go to ur email acc(gmail,yahoo etc) and in the TO section put receivers #-Link-Snipped-# and in the subject type ur 160by2.com's User id.

alternatively these days many email providers such as yahoo, rediff provide the facility to send free email2text by direct typing the mobile no in the TO field and sending ur text. but they usually have a limit of 3 or 5 or 10 such messages and after that the recipient must answer back atleast once to continue sending again.

new loopholes are found everytime and the operators blocks them soon. 😛
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Thank you optimystix,

Have you any idea about the E-Mail server i.e SMTP server.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Who is your mobile carrier? (Most mobile carriers offer free Email-to-SMS gateways which can be used to forward a simple text email to a mobile phone.)
  • Makenna
    Makenna
    The SMS gateway and email services allow users to be connected anywhere and ay anytime. Most email to SMS gateway servers include international conferencing which is based on connecting with other networks around the world. The message or email is usually sent from one location to the next being redirected by various networks until it reaches its destination. Sending email is quick and easy. But there really are no shortcuts to building a good email marketing channel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm thinking of using solar energy in absorption refrigeration
Hi, MAX485 is a half-duplex chip, that means this chip can't transmit and receive at the same time. I convert UART from PIC into RS485. The problem is, how to...
can any one help in finding me how eddie current brakes works
Japanese motor giant, Nissan has chosen Mahindra Satyam for its application maintenance and operation services deal for $40 million. The deal involves outsourcing of technology for the maintenance of applications...
I have my 4 gb kingston pendrive and i want to make it password protected. How is this possible? 😁