Doubt:Keys and Satellite data

What are keys and satellite data when talking in terms of algorithms?
Are keys and node data value,the same thing,or is it the satellite data?
😕

Replies

• HirenBarbhaya
    HirenBarbhaya
    Each record contains a key, which is the value to be sorted, and the remainder of the record consists of satellite data, which are usually carried around with the key.

In a typical implementation of a dynamic set, each element is represented by an object whose fields can be examined and manipulated if we have a pointer to the object. Some kinds of dynamic sets assume that one of the object's fields is an identifying key field. If the keys are all different, we can think of the dynamic set as being a set of key values.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source -Mail Dynamic top notch client is looking for a talented functional tester with proven expertise in e-commerce web testing and offshore test coordination. Need to possess strong B2C transactional...
Intex is going very innovative with its range of mobile phones. The company has recently launched Intex V.Show IN 8810 - the phone with inbuilt projector! That means you can...
Centrica Uses Panasonic Toughbook To Assist With 2m Installations By 2012 UK. 29 NOVEMBER 2010: Rugged PCs will be the mobile device of choice for power companies as their field...
thanks a lot to all of you for the interest...so here i my first post. since robotic has been a filed which is very vast i would like to start...
Acer, currently the second largest computer maker in the world is aiming to be the top computer manufacturer in the World by 2011. "If the mobile world continues to grow,...