Does our "Mind" really have the power of controlling everything inside and outside us?

So,
recently I heard someone saying to me that mind has the potential power of controlling many things and doing extraordinary things. Take this instance, Somebody is extremely fat , can he reduce his whole fat by just using his mind and not doing any physical exercise(this is just a stupid doubt)..! And moreover, people say that in the snake end of our spine there's something called kundalini and if we bring it to the head (by doing proper procedures), it is said we can do supernatural things..! Is this true? and one more thing..! I have heard of this term called "ata yoga" by which one can levitate..! is this true? If everything is true, how do we obtain this state..! Give your views CEans..! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Interesting topic #-Link-Snipped-#.
    vinod1993
    So,
    recently I heard someone saying to me that mind has the potential power of controlling many things and doing extraordinary things. Take this instance, Somebody is extremely fat , can he reduce his whole fat by just using his mind and not doing any physical exercise(this is just a stupid doubt).๐Ÿ˜€
    According to me, If a person fix in his mind to reduce fat, He automatically starts working for it, So fat can get reduced.

My personnel experience, If I decide to wake up at 5 in the morning. Without any alarm, I will wake up at 4.45 itself. Humans have the power to control our mind ( but we are not implementing it).

And yoga, gives the better way to control our mind.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    aarthivg
    Interesting topic #-Link-Snipped-#.

According to me, If a person fix in his mind to reduce fat, He automatically starts working for it, So fat can get reduced.

My personnel experience, If I decide to wake up at 5 in the morning. Without any alarm, I will wake up at 4.45 itself. Humans have the power to control our mind ( but we are not implementing it).

And yoga, gives the better way to control our mind.
    What u say can be generally called as "Mindset" which I'm afraid, is not actually what I'm speaking about..! ๐Ÿ˜€ and thank you too...! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanoj Rajan
    Sanoj Rajan
    Have any of you read "THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI!!"

Its all about a lawyer who left his well paid career to be a monk.
    Meanwhile Robin Sharma (Author) teaches different way of enhancing your Mind!!
    All that #-Link-Snipped-# has said is true, except the levitating thing. That's just a myth.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    #-Link-Snipped-# Science is blocking your path, I should say. There are many things that science cannot explain..!(In my opinion). You cannot jump to conclusions....! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Yes, the mind can control a lot of things. Things of the mind that is. That is what all the marketing guys, those who sell Fair & Lovely Creams and people of that ilk thrive on.
    If you are interested, here is a full length documentary on this:
    The Illusionists: A Must See Documentary About Body Image

The other area belongs to miracle men, who perform all sorts of miracles. They are working on pliable (gullible) minds, not on physical objects. Again a matter of illusion. Telekinesis, teleopsis (Jnana Drishti), telepathy, Clairvoyance and all such Extra Sensory Phenomena have never been proved in controlled studies. I have been involved in many such evaluation experiments in the early years.

Hata Yoga (not ata) deals with yogic postures (asanas), which were originally developed by yogis to ensure that their bodies performed their physiological functions without interfering with their spiritual pursuits. Since most of their waking hours were spent in spritual activities, the rishis used to neglect their nutrition and physical activities. They developed techniques that would keep the body more or less functioning.
    These postures do have a modern relevance. Practised properly, they can control diseases like hypertension, thyroid disorders, diabetes and many more. However, not all ills mankind is heir to. I can vouch for its benefits. I have been a regular practitioner for more than 65 years and I am quite fit inspite of a serious nicotine addiction that I managed to get rid of totally.
    Coming to Kundalini Yoga (Incidentally, I have a formal training in this), this is a Tantric practice. After years of practice, I have come to the conclusion that its effects can be attributed to auto hypnosis. During the practice the Kundalini power, which is supposed to be lying like a coiled serpent at the base of the spine is made to uncoil and travel upward till it reaches the Agnya Chakra from where it is propelled to the occupy the whole universe. After remaining in this exalted state for a while (depends on the person) it is necessary to reverse the process and coil the serpent back to its original quiescent state.
    I assure you that the experience gives one an euphoric high. You feel that you are the BOSS.
    The feeling continues in normal life also. My wife and I (we are both scientists and got trained in Kundalini yoga together) felt that this was not quite the thing to do. Tantric practices do not lead to mental peace nor spiritual advance. We do not practice this any more.
    We are just humans. There is plenty for us to do and contribute to society with our normal powers. Many, who practice such tantric yoga, end up as psychological wrecks.
    Let us be natural and leave the super natural alone.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I did not know whether to spell it "ata" or "hata" but have heard about that..! ๐Ÿ˜€ And thanks a ton for sharing your reminiscence with us..! sir ๐Ÿ˜€
  • graphite
    graphite
    Well good and interesting topic #-Link-Snipped-#
    According to me, its our mind which controls everything. If a person is addicted to any thing good/bad its because of his/her mind control. Addiction of good thing is nice as you have certificate as CE-Addict..
    talking about bad addiction it depends upon a person decision whether he wants to come out of that or not and its possible when decides to come out, at that time his/her mind will surely control him/herself.
    I heard first time about 'Hata Yoga' and 'Kandalini Yoga', Thanks a lot #-Link-Snipped-# sir for the information you shared.๐Ÿ‘
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If I am not wrong .. what #-Link-Snipped-# sir explained Hata yoga and Kundalini yoga don't come in one day.
    Its the result of forever practice and yes it is "mindset".
    I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# and it is connected to your topic.
    Simple example is: What you say about a person who can run faster than 95% of whole world without any legs? Is he extraordinary or not? Oscar Pistorius
    Yes he is but it doen't come in a day. It takes practice, proper guidance and patience to make him extraordinary.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    #-Link-Snipped-#, the reason why I did not accept with #-Link-Snipped-# because, she said that if one wanted to reduce his/her weight he/she immediately start working out..! but what i asked for is that whether it is possible to reduce one's own weight with the power of one's mind without doing any physical exercise..! without tiring oneself with just the power of one's own mind..! Is this possible?(I know many consider this Blasphemy but I Think it's true,please clarify me...) ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian boxer Vikas Krishan who was earlier declared winner, Now crashed out of the game after the decision was in the favor of his American opponent Errol Spence.The boxing team...
I have heard many of my friends say that some parts of our brain do not work...! i.e. they are dormant..! and they even say that those parts work for...
Hi, I have a idea that "why not the buttons can replace the steering". All we know that just playing video games in pc often we use only the buttons....
Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google. Whereas Firefox is a free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application. Is Google Chrome a more secure...

hi

HI, i am gopinath i am studying electrical and electronics engineering. i would likely to become a very good scientist....