CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@aarthivg • 14 Apr, 2012
does oscillator require feedback.If so what type of feedback? positive of negative?
@B. R. Sain • 14 Apr, 2012 yes, a positive feedback is required. As oscillator does not use any input ideally so it uses positive feedback. When output is applied to the input , it is called positive feedback. This is also due to the Bakhausen criterion.
@anees fathima • 14 Apr, 2012 Osillator which means producing output without input, it means we give feedback as input.The input must be positive-directly taken from output,so it is called as positive feedback.If the feedback was negative, it would serve to damp the oscillation and to "kill" the oscillator.
@aarthivg • 15 Apr, 2012
B. R. Sain
yes, a positive feedback is required. As oscillator does not use any input ideally so it uses positive feedback. When output is applied to the input , it is called positive feedback. This is also due to the Bakhausen criterion.
thanks @ B. R. Sain.
what is Bakhausen criterion
@silverscorpion • 15 Apr, 2012 ^^ Barkhausen criterion is a set of conditions under which a linear electronic circuit will oscillate.

Barkhausen Stability Criteria

Actally, the 2 condtions are, simply,

1) The loop gain should be 1 and
2) The phase shift around the lop should be zero or a multiple of 2*pi

If these conditions are satisfied, then that circuit will oscillate.
@nikhil nagunoori • 30 Sep, 2018

Why - ve feed not produce oscillations

5.5k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 10, 2014

CEans, Few weeks ago, we decided to design and launch the CrazyEngineers T-Shirts and were first two batches were sold out in just few days. A lot of you asked...
4.5k views

@Farjand · Apr 3, 2012

He graduated in Commerce from Pune University and became a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He later went on to do his MS from Sloan...
4.9k views

@Debanjani Das · Sep 30, 2012

hie.....i am kinda stuck!!! my guide wants me to choose topics from the list of ideas which have been done by my senior!!! help me out!!! i need some ideas...
4.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Mar 13, 2015

Among the many products in the portfolio of Intex Technologies' televisions now stands a new 32-inch LED TV with HD resolution (1366 X 768 pixel). The 80 cm television comes...
5.1k views

@alokthakur · Sep 15, 2011

i m 7th sem student i have an idea of minor project as "medical database " for a medical shop what things should i put stress on in my project...
5.3k views