Does Oscillator Need Feedback? If yes, Positive Or Negative?

does oscillator require feedback.If so what type of feedback? positive of negative?

Replies

• B. R. Sain
    B. R. Sain
    yes, a positive feedback is required. As oscillator does not use any input ideally so it uses positive feedback. When output is applied to the input , it is called positive feedback. This is also due to the Bakhausen criterion.
  • anees fathima
    anees fathima
    Osillator which means producing output without input, it means we give feedback as input.The input must be positive-directly taken from output,so it is called as positive feedback.If the feedback was negative, it would serve to damp the oscillation and to "kill" the oscillator.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    B. R. Sain
    yes, a positive feedback is required. As oscillator does not use any input ideally so it uses positive feedback. When output is applied to the input , it is called positive feedback. This is also due to the Bakhausen criterion.
    thanks @ #-Link-Snipped-#.
    what is Bakhausen criterion
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ Barkhausen criterion is a set of conditions under which a linear electronic circuit will oscillate.

Barkhausen Stability Criterion

Actally, the 2 condtions are, simply,

1) The loop gain should be 1 and
    2) The phase shift around the lop should be zero or a multiple of 2*pi

If these conditions are satisfied, then that circuit will oscillate.
  • nikhil nagunoori
    nikhil nagunoori

Why - ve feed not produce oscillations

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google+ has just released a new design. I hope all of you have read the news on VoiCE. Google's so called 'social layer' now offers a lot more, making a...
Dropbox is by far one of the most used cloud storage service that makes it damn easy to sync your favorite files across your devices & platforms. Dropbox is a...
CEans, Construction of skyscrapers involves lot of extreme engineering and the same goes with a lot of amazing infrastructure projects. It's always great to know about the bigger construction projects...
Despite the economic crisis and despite near Richter grade 9 quakes supertall structures are coming up. Though it appears an inappropriate phrase, many are in the pipeline and more at...
Hello everybody, Well, not much to talk about myself, I studied Information system and graduated last year from IT collage. I have interest in developing websites. I like to make...