CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 26, 2013

Thread Moved.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberOct 26, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread Moved.
    That wasn't necessary, as I just wanna know answer in YES or NO.
    Anyways, no problem. You're using Mac, can you tell me whether it uses PAE Kernel underneath or not ?
    Cancel
  • avii

MemberOct 27, 2013

Just because someone is running Mac doesn't mean they will know all kernel stuff 😛

to answer your question, you can discover it by yourself easily. Why PAE is actually required ? Since most of the new Macs are 64 bits, no question of PAE. And older versions OS X supports PAE.

If I am not wrong, even Windows also supports PAE as its necessary in actual.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberOct 27, 2013

How would I discover it by myself, when I don't own a Mac ? 👀

"All New hardware support 64-bit, that doesn't implies that they're running on 64-bit distro". While most of new hardware have 2GB+ RAM & when checking up configuration (from #-Link-Snipped-#) I didn't found any mention of x64/i686 bit of OS X.
    So, I was kinda curious to know whether they still use PAE Kernels (as rumored) or not ?

64-bit is the future & using 32-bit OS with 2+ GB RAM on hardware supporting i686 is a buzz-kill.

Anyways, thanks a ton for replying @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • avii

MemberOct 29, 2013

Thats the point, you don't need to own a machine to about OS.

From Wiki : 'Snow Leopard is the last release of Mac OS X to support the 32-bit Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo CPUs.'

From Wiki of next OS after Snow Leopard, Lion : 'Platform support : x86-64'

Abhishek Rawal
    "All New hardware support 64-bit, that doesn't implies that they're running on 64-bit distro
    Yup. I should have been clear. When I said new Macs, I meant new distros of Mac OS X.
    Cancel
  • sidneysonnino

MemberOct 31, 2013

Thanks for sharing own good ideas.

<a href="https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Plagiarize Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster</a>
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    <a href="https://www.plagiarism-checker.me/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Plagiarism Checker | Check Plagiarism with Free Plagiarism Detector</a>
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register