Does Google Earth Software Help Civil Engineers?

Google Earth is an interesting software that provides latest satellite images. I'm wondering whether Civil Engineers find this software useful in their work, study and research.

If yes, how? 😀

Replies

• rajcivil2k6
    rajcivil2k6
    That's a interesting question and thanks for the question

I use Google earth for my work, at times we will not have key plan's for many area's (as we are into maintenance project) we have work at all corners of city, for such places client would pick the coordinates from Google Earth and send us the details so that we save time instead of searching the location we start work directly.

And am trying to extract surface details from Google earth through Civil 3D, if am successful it would be of great use.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We published our Small Talk with the Chief Engineer of Bloodhound SSC Project : Mark Chapman - Bloodhound SSC: The 1000mph Engineering Adventure - CrazyEngineers I'm so impressed by the...
I'm an Electrical engineer but have immense interest in Civil & Structural Engineering - because you are the ones who build all the awesome structures. Which subject is the toughest...
Computer Science is now becoming as fundamental to science as mathematics already is and with a hope to bring together the budding computer scientist and engineers of our country together...
My particular interest lies in Supertall buildings and Skyscrappers. This thread is meant for the latest proposed skyscrapper projects (which are being planned but no actual construction started) all over...
Resonance is once again in front of you with all the current happenings, new discoveries and fun in the field of electrical engineering. Resonance is an integral part of our...