Do you support government spending billions on space projects?

Many countries spends billions on space projects to other planets.But We were wasting the live Earth and trying to explore other planets for human survival.As a engineer we have a role to rebuild the earth.whats your view?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved to debates section.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    thank you sir.I was shocked of not seeing the thread i posted in automobile section sir.Then I reloaded it from history and I later found it to be moved to debate section.

I also found that India spends about 46billion dollars in defence and ranks 7th in top ten investing in defence.Ofcourse I agree that it was important but We dont want to prove others that we are powerful leaving our own people in danger of dieying because of lack of food/malnutrition/unemployment/etc.

I want to stress the fact that Our country must more invest in creating jobs and fulfill the food necessity.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Space research is a mode of defense against our enemies

The scientists never really knew about the existence of Cosmic waves, Till they sent out spy satellites to spy their enemies. This is a good point to start here. If the cosmic rays had not been noted consider the current Quantum physics branch it would have gone completely devoid of any importance

So In my opinion Space research for conservative purposes are a boon to humanity
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    CSK AUTO
    Many countries spends billions on space projects to other planets.But We were wasting the live Earth and trying to explore other planets for human survival.As a engineer we have a role to rebuild the earth.whats your view?
    I agree with you. There's no much you can do by wasting more money on space research when compared to what you could do with that amount of cash for your motherland. If they had done something for the country, they could have earned more profits and still contributed to their research.

For example:
    1. Start a space research university that can compete equally with USA's NASA and draw international attention.

2. Build a world renowned observatory that could include some traditional techiques like the ones used in our ancient technologies or even better.

3. Develop all states of India, including the poor, by building better schools and colleges with infrastructure and also changing our theoretical school curriculum to a more practical approach so that students can thrive - thereby we'd get a better breed of Indians who can contribute to research.

P.S.: I may sound far fetched. Doing something for space is important. But building the nation is more important than that I feel.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes I agree both to conquerer and anoopthefriend.conguerer quoted the contribution of the space research.But I still support anoopthefriend.Space research is not too importantt when your country people still die due to hungry and unemployment.what will you do and who will come along to the so called Mars or any other planet if no one is there to accompany you.Yes the big shots(billioners) may accompany by burying billions of other people who cant cope up with this money fed world.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On the 19th July Saturn will eclipse the sun. Using this opportunity Carolyn Porco, who took the famous Blue Marble shot is planning an ambitious high resolution shot of the...
Something interesting for CEans to entertain would be CEan children: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=bring-science-home-hammer-ruler-balance
China's TIANHE-2 (Milkyway 2 that is) has a mind blowing speed of 33.86 petaflops and is ahead of schedule by two years! It is twice as fast as the current...
Mini-satellites have become increasingly popular in recent times. Whether it’s a DIY project involving a Raspberry Pi or experimental smartphone satellites, these tiny satellites have a huge potential in the...
i just want to know the basics about superconductors.....