Do you prefer Indian Brands/Brands of your country

I am a bit influenced by "SWADESHI"(brands of your country).
I am curious if other people choose to go for it if possible.
I like to buy Wipro CFL over Philips and generally buy my shirts from Peter England.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    This kind of topic is hypothetical. One cannot be good in all aspects. For eg., BSNL is really doing an excellent work in Landlines, but not in Broadband facility.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am not saying that one should go for poor quality for domestic brands.
    I am saying that if you have choice with same quality.
    For example,
    If you are buying Wipro CFL or Philips CFL, in quality, both are equivalent, then, do you consider to choose Swadeshi(Domestic) brand or not?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I do. Wherever / whenever possible.
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Come on guys... As a customer, we expect the best for what we pay. No matter what the brand is , Which country is its origin, etc.

And in this globalized world, I dont think we have firms that are patriotic, their main objective is money thats it . There are firms that dont have any deals outside the country. That doesn't mean they are patriotic , they are just incapable & incompetent with the firms outside the borders.

If the producers are not patriotic, whats the use of the consumers being so?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    N.Gowtham Raj
    Come on guys... As a customer, we expect the best for what we pay. No matter what the brand is , Which country is its origin, etc.

And in this globalized world, I dont think we have firms that are patriotic, their main objective is money thats it . There are firms that dont have any deals outside the country. That doesn't mean they are patriotic , they are just incapable & incompetent with the firms outside the borders.

If the producers are not patriotic, whats the use of the consumers being so?
    You are parly true. But this has influenced us badly. If you look at the developed countries, you call them racist in fact they are not always so. They prefer their own brands.

So, if we are mimicking foreign customs, we should also copy them is buying from our own brands.
    Whenever possible, I buy Indian goods. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think this thread is related at all to 'patriotism'. "Inward Globalization" is just a fancy synonym for 'loot'.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    i dont know more about the brands.
    i always choose to prefer buy things that can be affordable with my pockets.
    no special brands for me. and the things that i buy will always born in india itself.
    since from nail to hair India has its own variety of brands for every thing why do we prefer a non-indian brand?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and this thread is not 'Indian'.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    ohk. i only expressed my opinion to the topic.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Why do you say so?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Yes, neither this thread is Indian nor related to patriotism. If you ask me, preserving cultural diversity is essential for growing a brand. There us so much that you learn from them.

I can tell you name of some organizations which are foreign brands but have contributed a lot to the local society. If brand is related to a company, some of the MNCs have established themselves in various continents. After which, taking the help of local talent, they have developed the brands.

I believe we should maintain a global perspective. If a foreign company contributes to society where it is established, we should support such an activity. However, hardly ever we get to see such a situation.

P.S: By culture, I mean working culture and thought process of local society.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    People on CE, are from many countries, I wanted to know if we promote domestic products.
    In my view if you prefer domestic product or even local product it will help your country to be self dependent and local business to grow that will create more job opportunities, this is simple equation.

I am not saying, to, not to get value of money, but if I have option for domestic product, yes, I will go for it
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    People on CE, are from many countries, I wanted to know if we promote domestic products.
    In my view if you prefer domestic product or even local product it will help your country to be self dependent and local business to grow that will create more job opportunities, this is simple equation.

I am not saying, to, not to get value of money, but if I have option for domestic product, yes, I will go for it.
    I like your views. People (in developing countries) generally consider that local products are of bad quality, which is very less times true. In fact, one can get the same product of the same/better quality for a price 10 times cheaper than the international brand. One should definitely go for what is best in the market, but at the same time keep his options open, with some special attention to the local brands. If every citizen realizes the importance of the use of products made by the people of their own country, the economy will get stronger and the companies a chance to make it BIG.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CrazyEngineers is an 'Indian' product that's used globally; for the records sake. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes, Best is the word I look for. I won't bother about the brand and all. Sometimes I'd also buy some road-side products if I like them ๐Ÿ˜
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Sada
    Yes, Best is the word I look for. I won't bother about the brand and all. Sometimes I'd also buy some road-side products if I like them ๐Ÿ˜
    Yes, we want best no matter which country it belongs to.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Might be this is old thread , but I am bumping this because I have seen many emails and videos saying that please use local products and not foreign products.

If local product failed to do good , or failed to perform well or failed to advertise well its not my fault.

I will go with reviews and my opinions in buying anything.

I prefer local whenever possible, but not always!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I dumped all the equivalent foreign products in favor of Patanjali products - includes toothpaste, soaps, detergents, hair oil and so on. Definitely better quality.

When it comes to technology; a lot of work needs to be done. I still don't have an Apple equivalent in India.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I agree, Patanjali products are good. ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many of us would be asking what is this Web 2.0, and how is it emerged! If there's Web 2.0, then there should be a Web 1.0 right? So what...
Quote: While invented in Birmingham, England, in the 19th Century, tennis has become popular worldwide, perhaps only second to soccer/football. The game is fast, easy to grasp, and accessible to...
RS485 port lightning protection solution Product Name: Three-terminal SMD Gas Discharge Tube Model:B3DXXXL(5KA) Size:5X7.5mm Application description 1.Protection against overvoltage of RS485, RS232 and Ethernet in telecommunication and security. 2.Protection against...
Lyrebird, this bird can copy any sound from camera click to sketching tires . some video on youtube are showing that copying human speech , I think that is not...
The bombs are connected to the ringer of mobile, this closses the circuit leading to a blast!!!!