Do you listen to songs in language you don't understand?

I've realised that I listen to the songs in languages that I don't understand. In the last few days, I've listend to songs in Tamil, Telugu, Malyalam, Hebrew, Goan and yet - it's all enjoyable.

What about you?

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

    @saandeep-sreerambatla-hWHU1M • Mar 6, 2013

    I listen to Hindi , English and tamil songs. I listen to Telugu as well, but here I understand!

    I am not kidding, I dont understand Tamil at all, and I understand Hindi about 20 % ๐Ÿ˜€

    English you all know my user name ๐Ÿ˜›

  • rahul69

    @rahul69-97fAOs • Mar 6, 2013

    There are some songs with awesome music and it's the music that I listen, in that case lyrics doesn't matter๐Ÿ˜

  • balackvolt

    @balackvolt-F1fzgx • Mar 6, 2013

    If u r enjoying music, it is the beat that matters, when u understand the lyrics then only u can enjoy the song fully.

  • Gurjap

    @gurjap-blPmg9 • Mar 11, 2013

    I listen to Rammstein a lot. For a while I didn't understand any of their German lyrics, but the music made me go and learn some German so I would ๐Ÿ˜›

    I tried some Spanish music too (from Mexico, not Spain, I hasten to add). Don't understand any of it, but I like the sound of the language.

    And if I might add, listening to Aerosmith is like listening to another language, even though it's just some American.

  • zaveri

    @zaveri-5TD6Sk • Mar 27, 2013

    i hardly understand tamil, but yet i enjoy the songs in that language.

    my favorite is "naan adicha tanga maaten".

  • pikachu1994

    @pikachu1994-UcQIIJ • Mar 28, 2013

    zaverii hardly understand tamil, but yet i enjoy the songs in that language.

    my favorite is "naan adicha tanga maaten".

    hey it is 'naan adicha thanga mata' not 'maten'๐Ÿ˜‰

  • pikachu1994

    @pikachu1994-UcQIIJ • Mar 28, 2013

    I hear hindi songs.But i don't know the meaning of a single word.Apart from the meaning smething sweet is attracting๐Ÿ˜‰

  • zaveri

    @zaveri-5TD6Sk • Mar 29, 2013

    pikachu1994I hear hindi songs.But i don't know the meaning of a single word.Apart from the meaning smething sweet is attracting๐Ÿ˜‰


    By the way i understand hindi. what are the hindi songs that you listen to ?

  • pikachu1994

    @pikachu1994-UcQIIJ • Mar 29, 2013

    Bahara,sadka hua,tujh me rab diktha hi,chand sifarish,jab mila tu,bin tere,kajurare and so..

  • Shailaja Tiwari

    @shailaja-tiwari-lKhGjd • Mar 29, 2013

    I just love the music of some songs no matter in which language the song is actually sung.
    Some of the best song that I have been hearing for past 2 years and that too 5-6 times a day is a Japanese song named 'sasayaki'-meaning whisper of a flower from one of the best anime "THE LITTLE SARA"๐Ÿ˜ and also to some stotra's.
    And the amazing part is that just by hearing the music I gradually understand the meaning of the song .๐Ÿ˜€

  • zaveri

    @zaveri-5TD6Sk • Mar 29, 2013

    shailaja revathiI just love the music of some songs no matter in which language the song is actually sung.
    Some of the best song that I have been hearing for past 2 years and that too 5-6 times a day is a Japanese song named 'sasayaki'-meaning whisper of a flower from one of the best anime "THE LITTLE SARA"๐Ÿ˜ and also to some stotra's.
    And the amazing part is that just by hearing the music I gradually understand the meaning of the song .๐Ÿ˜€


    Does anyone know what the japanese word "sukiyaki" mean ?

    now this is one superb song

  • Shailaja Tiwari

    @shailaja-tiwari-lKhGjd • Mar 30, 2013

    zaveriDoes anyone know what the japanese word "sukiyaki" mean ?

    now this is one superb song

    I guess 'sukiyaki' might be a dish name(I asked to one of my friend who's learning Japanese).

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Mar 30, 2013

    I've listened to Hebrew songs. The only Hebrew CD I have is the one given to me By Mosh-Bin-Ari, famous Israeli singer. He does some really cool music! ๐Ÿ˜€

  • Clarence Gomez

    @clarence-gomez-3lBG9B • Apr 8, 2013

    wow!!! Music is my Life ๐Ÿ˜€)) I love listening music classic... i do also listen i Koreans, japanese, hindi, english song..moreover with emotions.. Can you share sir some samples???

  • Ankita Katdare

    @abrakadabra • Apr 10, 2013

    Language is never a barrier when it comes to music.
    I am a fan of Japanese music. ๐Ÿ˜˜ The words just fade into the music. It's a bliss.

  • babumoshaaye

    @babumoshaaye-aOuwuO • Apr 17, 2013

    Only if they have an appealing music video. Gangnam Style made it pretty evident.

  • Anoop Kumar

    @anoop-kumar-GDGRCn • Apr 17, 2013

    Music have its own language...
    Most living example is AR Rahman, No matter what language is it's always good to hear (Even if few song which are dubbed into Hindi have ridiculous lyrics).

    For voice also, I have seen comments from non-hindi lingual on you tube for Lata Mangeshkar and Mehandi Hasan that
    "I didn't understand the the lyrics but listen the song only for sweet voice".

  • Anoop Kumar

    @anoop-kumar-GDGRCn • Apr 20, 2013

    Could be best explanation of the this question,

    Don't know she is Russian, Bulgarian

  • Whats In Name

    @whats-in-name-KdgM7o • Apr 25, 2013

    I can listen to a different language song but can actually only enjoy the ones I can understand the lyrics of.

  • anuraadha

    @anuraadha-57t1B5 • Apr 25, 2013

    I have listened to different language song. It is all about the tune. I liked all the songs from 'Happy days'-telugu movie๐Ÿ˜. Though I dint like the same remade in Tamil.