Do you listen to songs in language you don't understand?

I've realised that I listen to the songs in languages that I don't understand. In the last few days, I've listend to songs in Tamil, Telugu, Malyalam, Hebrew, Goan and yet - it's all enjoyable.

What about you?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I listen to Hindi , English and tamil songs. I listen to Telugu as well, but here I understand!

I am not kidding, I dont understand Tamil at all, and I understand Hindi about 20 % ๐Ÿ˜€

English you all know my user name ๐Ÿ˜›
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    There are some songs with awesome music and it's the music that I listen, in that case lyrics doesn't matter๐Ÿ˜
  • balackvolt
    balackvolt
    If u r enjoying music, it is the beat that matters, when u understand the lyrics then only u can enjoy the song fully.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I listen to Rammstein a lot. For a while I didn't understand any of their German lyrics, but the music made me go and learn some German so I would ๐Ÿ˜›

I tried some Spanish music too (from Mexico, not Spain, I hasten to add). Don't understand any of it, but I like the sound of the language.

And if I might add, listening to Aerosmith is like listening to another language, even though it's just some American.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    i hardly understand tamil, but yet i enjoy the songs in that language.

my favorite is "naan adicha tanga maaten".
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    zaveri
    i hardly understand tamil, but yet i enjoy the songs in that language.

my favorite is "naan adicha tanga maaten".
    hey it is 'naan adicha thanga mata' not 'maten'๐Ÿ˜‰
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    I hear hindi songs.But i don't know the meaning of a single word.Apart from the meaning smething sweet is attracting๐Ÿ˜‰
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    pikachu1994
    I hear hindi songs.But i don't know the meaning of a single word.Apart from the meaning smething sweet is attracting๐Ÿ˜‰

By the way i understand hindi. what are the hindi songs that you listen to ?
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    Bahara,sadka hua,tujh me rab diktha hi,chand sifarish,jab mila tu,bin tere,kajurare and so..
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    I just love the music of some songs no matter in which language the song is actually sung.
    Some of the best song that I have been hearing for past 2 years and that too 5-6 times a day is a Japanese song named 'sasayaki'-meaning whisper of a flower from one of the best anime "THE LITTLE SARA"๐Ÿ˜ and also to some stotra's.
    And the amazing part is that just by hearing the music I gradually understand the meaning of the song .๐Ÿ˜€
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    shailaja revathi
    I just love the music of some songs no matter in which language the song is actually sung.
    Some of the best song that I have been hearing for past 2 years and that too 5-6 times a day is a Japanese song named 'sasayaki'-meaning whisper of a flower from one of the best anime "THE LITTLE SARA"๐Ÿ˜ and also to some stotra's.
    And the amazing part is that just by hearing the music I gradually understand the meaning of the song .๐Ÿ˜€

Does anyone know what the japanese word "sukiyaki" mean ?

now this is one superb song
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    zaveri
    Does anyone know what the japanese word "sukiyaki" mean ?

now this is one superb song
    I guess 'sukiyaki' might be a dish name(I asked to one of my friend who's learning Japanese).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've listened to Hebrew songs. The only Hebrew CD I have is the one given to me By Mosh-Bin-Ari, famous Israeli singer. He does some really cool music! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Clarence Gomez
    Clarence Gomez
    wow!!! Music is my Life ๐Ÿ˜€)) I love listening music classic... i do also listen i Koreans, japanese, hindi, english song..moreover with emotions.. Can you share sir some samples???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Language is never a barrier when it comes to music.
    I am a fan of Japanese music. ๐Ÿ˜˜ The words just fade into the music. It's a bliss.
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Only if they have an appealing music video. Gangnam Style made it pretty evident.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Music have its own language...
    Most living example is AR Rahman, No matter what language is it's always good to hear (Even if few song which are dubbed into Hindi have ridiculous lyrics).

For voice also, I have seen comments from non-hindi lingual on you tube for Lata Mangeshkar and Mehandi Hasan that
    "I didn't understand the the lyrics but listen the song only for sweet voice".
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Could be best explanation of the this question,

Don't know she is Russian, Bulgarian
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I can listen to a different language song but can actually only enjoy the ones I can understand the lyrics of.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    I have listened to different language song. It is all about the tune. I liked all the songs from 'Happy days'-telugu movie๐Ÿ˜. Though I dint like the same remade in Tamil.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜€ ALOK KUMAR "THE REAL ROCK*" well i'm pursuing computer science and currently in my second year in a government engineering college.Bikaneri love my branch and computers, carve to learn...
frnds i need latest ieee paper for 2012 reconfigurable computing paper
About Cloudburzt: We are result oriented technology driven company. We inspire and enable a better world through our training and services. It acts as a leading professional organization for brighter...
Hi all me and my friend are presenting paper in IIt bombay on 10th march, so we need help in locating good hotels near it. If you wish to help...
i'm new to frameworks and i wanted to learn hibernates,springs and spring mvc can you guys help me to simple and easy to learning tutorials or pdf please.