Do You Agree With This View?

Many a times the internet seems to give you unsolicited advice. One the best examples can be found on Facebook or Quora where self proclaimed self help experts seem to tell you things like
“Oh you think the problem you are facing is bad, think of the people how are facing trouble much worse than you”.
Is this exactly the solution that is supposed to help you? I really do not know the answer.

My views on this issue received a welcome jolt when I saw #-Link-Snipped-# on my timeline from one of my favourite usernames #-Link-Snipped-#. Here is the image in question:

Facebook

So what do you guys make of it and what is your opinion? Ponder over it in your free time this weekend and send in a comment.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    There is nothing much to say about this.

If you want to avoid sadness caused by looking at others, then ignore them, but how long will you continue that ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Great topic, like always.

Even I keep pondering over this. When I was a 10 year old kid, once while I went to buy shoes with my parents I made a huge fuss about the kind of shoes I wanted in the shop. On the way back home, at a signal we saw a crowd of beggar kids all without footwear. I immediately went into remorse.

On a later date, I was complaining about the simple food cooked at home and mom scolded me quoting recent figures from the newspaper about the number of people in the world dying of hunger.

Ever since then, whenever I am sad I try to remember that there are people out there who are not as privileged as we are.
    It makes you clear your head a bit when we are making unreasonable demands from ourselves or others.

But when I think about it from a general point-of-view, I think that comparing our problems with others is the root cause of all sadness. Every problem is a problem because of that particular individual person's circumstances. A problem that is making you sad could be a very personal one. Sometimes, feeling sad could be a momentary phase. No point in comparing it to people who are facing worse.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    If one has a personal definition of happiness, comparison will never matter. Specifically, if the rewards are result of one's hardwork (no cheating here), one must enjoy it. If you find happiness in sharing it with others, feel free to do it. But don't do it as an obligation making your own life miserable.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I've once created a quote on #-Link-Snipped-# post; let me rephrase it here:

"When the day's done, just ponder back at life and thank everyone who made you happy and think of how many faces you made happy today; then you'd realize where happiness truly exists..."

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have samsung galaxy duos s gt-7562 older version of gt-7582.. it has icecream sandwich os.. it is slow in processing.. even battery discharges fast as 1500 mah..hardly it goes...
I see there are many chinese company puts FCC ID on their products But I am not sure about the source from where we can cross check if they have...
Which one is better? Work at Fixed Monthly Salary or Hourly basis at fixed hourly rate and why?
As a Software Programmer, I face challenge almost every day, where I have to find solution in best possible way, whether it may be code optimization or a bug or...
I want to present my project my finalyear project in some conference or in some technical zone for the approval. could some one please help me....