Do we have to call MBAs as Professionals?

๐Ÿ˜”Well it's a matter of fact that MBAs do proclaim themselves as professionals.

Well Iam really scrambled here, Can any one help me out?๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• vivekji
    vivekji
    well to be honest
    vivekji
    ๐Ÿ˜”Well it's a matter of fact that MBAs do proclaim themselves as professionals.

Well Iam really scrambled here, Can any one help me out?๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What is your definition of a 'professional'?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Awww shucks! C'mon thats unfair! If this is some disgruntled programmer venting his anger against his PM, then fair enough, go ahead ... although this is not really the place. But if you really meant that, then why?

As an engineer is made to understand the technology (of his domain), an MBA is made to understand the various aspects of business. So how different is an MBA from an engineer? An engineer uses his mind to study and improve upon that technology platform, an mba uses his mind to study and improve upon that business process.

If you think that an MBA is not a professional, then neither should an engineer as well!!
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    A Professional is a person who shall abide to all the written and wnwritten laws and bylaws, of the engineering or medical society which he serves, and does work in accordance with it, He thinks and does things ethically. ๐Ÿ˜
    The_Big_K
    What is your definition of a 'professional'?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    well.. officially, engineers aren't "professionals" until they attain their PE license ๐Ÿ˜›

*hides around the corner*
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    To be honest, in professionalism Ethics plays a major role, and almost all Engineers abide to it.
    But when you are working in a business domain, U have to Compete with others,U have to work on strategies that would captivate people.i.e cheat people.
    Engineers never recommend ads, But MBAs do it.

kidakaka
    Awww shucks! C'mon thats unfair! If this is some disgruntled programmer venting his anger against his PM, then fair enough, go ahead ... although this is not really the place. But if you really meant that, then why?

As an engineer is made to understand the technology (of his domain), an MBA is made to understand the various aspects of business. So how different is an MBA from an engineer? An engineer uses his mind to study and improve upon that technology platform, an mba uses his mind to study and improve upon that business process.

If you think that an MBA is not a professional, then neither should an engineer as well!!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    ash
    well.. officially, engineers aren't "professionals" until they attain their PE license ๐Ÿ˜›

*hides around the corner*
    hehehe * searches for his PE license *

vivekji
    To be honest, in professionalism Ethics plays a major role, and almost all Engineers abide to it.
    But when you are working in a business domain, U have to Compete with others,U have to work on strategies that would captivate people.i.e cheat people.
    Engineers never recommend ads, But MBAs do it.

Vivek,
    1. captivate != cheat
    2. What does recommending ads have to do with ethics? An ad can be called a great ad just because of the visual imagery or the symbolism involved in it as well (the famous superbowl ad of Apple which was aired only once).
    Are you implying that ethics are imparted by what education you undergo? Does that mean that the illiterate people are unethical? Or are you saying that they teach you to be unethical in MBA ๐Ÿ˜’

Be a engineer, be logical man
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I couldn't get vivekji's point.

A Professional is a person who shall abide to all the written and wnwritten laws and bylaws, of the engineering or medical society which he serves, and does work in accordance with it, He thinks and does things ethically
    MBA aren't alians. Most of them are Engineers with special qualities and knowledge. Why should we debate on weather MBAs are professionals?

[Btw, appraisal times are around. We are bound to get such posts! muwahaha ๐Ÿ˜ ]
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Shucks .. appraisals .. gives me the doldrums!!
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    Well i need not attend,๐Ÿ˜Ž every argument, i am invited to
    Mr.Kid I just meant that professional is a person who creates and thinks ethically.

I never intend to arouse you!

kidakaka
    hehehe * searches for his PE license *

Vivek,
    1. captivate != cheat
    2. What does recommending ads have to do with ethics? An ad can be called a great ad just because of the visual imagery or the symbolism involved in it as well (the famous superbowl ad of Apple which was aired only once).
    Are you implying that ethics are imparted by what education you undergo? Does that mean that the illiterate people are unethical? Or are you saying that they teach you to be unethical in MBA ๐Ÿ˜’

Be a engineer, be logical man
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    I just meant that professional is a person who creates and thinks ethically.

The_Big_K
    I couldn't get vivekji's point.

MBA aren't alians. Most of them are Engineers with special qualities and knowledge. Why should we debate on weather MBAs are professionals?

[Btw, appraisal times are around. We are bound to get such posts! muwahaha ๐Ÿ˜ ]
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    vivekji
    Well i need not attend,๐Ÿ˜Ž every argument, i am invited to
    Mr.Kid I just meant that professional is a person who creates and thinks ethically.

I never intend to arouse you!
    ๐Ÿ˜€ Vivek,

1. I am not arguing, I am not even debating ... just gathering some facts ... amused, yes, that I am ๐Ÿ˜€
    2. So why cant an MBA think ethically?
    PS - Trust me I am not aroused!!

PPS - Mods, walking away now ... no need to lock the thread.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, don't need to walk away.. I don't see any trouble here ๐Ÿ˜‰ (yet).

I don't think its fair to accuse our friends in the business sector of unethical practicies. It doesn't depend on what job you are in, it depends on the type of person you are.

I'd sure like to see other CEans being involved with this debate ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I personally do not think that this is a 'debate', as such. I'll be surprized if this debate continues to be active.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Too true, there are unethical people in all professions. Typically a "professional" is used to describe someone employed in the "white collar" sector and many times someone in middle management or above. To me personally, the definition of a professional is about one's integrity, honesty & ethics and has nothing to do with the career type. There are lot of professional janitors or "blue collar" workers out there that could teach a lot of "white collar" folks!
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    Amen!
    That's agreeable!
    gohm
    Too true, there are unethical people in all professions. Typically a "professional" is used to describe someone employed in the "white collar" sector and many times someone in middle management or above. To me personally, the definition of a professional is about one's integrity, honesty & ethics and has nothing to do with the career type. There are lot of professional janitors or "blue collar" workers out there that could teach a lot of "white collar" folks!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This blog is mainly for beginners in robotics , this wuld give them a head start towards robotics, plz plz check it out and comment so tat i can improve...
Hello, frndz here is some topics seminar topics... NRAM, Ubiquotous computing,Autonomus computing,Green computing,Millipede,..and so ......... if any body wants email me @......................
hi everyone! have a nice day! i'm so glad to found this forum to learn and share new ideas. i'm looking forward to know to you all!!
hi guys n geeks out there........ m just movin from 1st 2 2nd year this july so wanted to kno about some summer training for programing. m confused searchin for...
CEans, This is your unique opportunity to work (from your home/office ๐Ÿ˜) with the CrazyEngineers Editorial Team and make a difference to the world. First things first: Q. What does...