Do Mobile Phones really require quadCore or Atom Processors

Recently Samsung galaxy S3 is being launched which features a quadcore processor into it . Does Android Phones really require quad-core processsors or they can function smoothly without them also. By my view we don't require it right. What r ur views guys ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The pace at which personal computing is growing, more processing power has become a need. I personally may not use it, but yeah, high-end gadgets do require more computing power. A phone can of course function without high capacity processor; but the functionality and display will be very limited.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Its depend on person's need to have more computing power or not.If more computing power coming in small devices its beneficial. Mobile phones are now more than just talking and texting machine.

I started using Instagram and really its fun and works well for all simple image processing and to process a big image file it needs better processor and RAM. I just saw photoshop is also available for mobile also. If I can do computing on handy devices, if just add productivity.
    For me, I need more processor power into my phone.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Groundbreaking blend of Jal Shakti with Urja Shakti​ ​A first of its kind, Gujarat will dedicate India’s first 1 MW Canal-top Solar Power Project on the Sanand Branch Canal of...
Yahoo! Inc. has been a troubled company for many years now. All the major news we've been covering about Yahoo is either about product retirements or layoffs. Scott Thompson became...
Hello everyone, I want to build a use case diagram of a complex system (by complex system I mean a system that has many subsystems). The subsystems are providing services...
Depends, where you are spending it. What you say .. Are you going to try it?😀
Today our CEan-@xheavenlyx aka Varun is celebrating his birthday. Wishing you many many happy returns of the day Varun.