direction

Laxman went 15 kms from my house, then turned left and walked 20 kms. He then turned east and walked 25 kms and finally turning left covered 20kms. How far was he from his house?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Bharat started to walk East from a point. He went 1 KM, turned North, walked 1 KM, turned South, walked 1 KM and found that he was on the spot he started from. Where was Bharat?
  • Sagar07
    Sagar07
    sorry, but he started from ur house, then hw can we comment on the distance from his house???? n if he started from his house only then, he was approx. 57 kms frm his house...
  • Banashree Patra
    Banashree Patra
    Bharat is 1 KM from his starting point in the east direction i.e from where he started his journey to north.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Banashree Patra
    Bharat is 1 KM from his starting point in the east direction i.e from where he started his journey to north.
    No. It is given that Bharat is back exactly where he started from. Otherwise the puzzle is trivial.
    Hint: Earth is a sphere.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Any point on the circumference of the latitude 1 km South of the North pole.
  • vishwa25
    vishwa25
    Banashree Patra
    Laxman went 15 kms from my house, then turned left and walked 20 kms. He then turned east and walked 25 kms and finally turning left covered 20kms. How far was he from his house?
    hey ans for should be from your house not from his house because you haven't determined his house..
    if ans is from ur house then is it 57km from your house..😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have...
NTPC is a leading PSU in Bharat. To make it clear, any engineer can apply in the company. He can be of Computer, mechanical, electrical Civil electronic etc. Let me...
Hi! I've a doubt prevailing in my mind for months! I am 2nd year engineering student pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering at NIT Raipur. I want to pursue...
can anybody pls post the paper of information mosiac company ?
Hello fellow CEans, I recently got a request for a project based on automobile, to design a car. I need talented people to work with me. Here go my requirements:...