Different ways to shutdown your PC - Try something different

So, what method do you use frequently to shutdown your computer?
I guess it would be clicking on shutdown button via going through Start button (more often).
Here I am sharing few another methods to shut down your PC so let’s move ahead to find out more interesting ways.
1. The Standard Approach (Mouse Only): Click on Start button and then navigate to Shut down menu and click on it. It’s finished.
2. Regular Approach (Keyboard only): Press Windows Key and then hit “U” key two times repeatedly and fast (doesn't work in Windows 7).
3. Shortcut Approach : Create a shortcut for shutdown and place it on desktop or in quick launch bar. You can follow these instructions shown by screenshots.
#-Link-Snipped-#
Right click on desktop and do as above.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Type "shutdown -s -t 00" and click next. after that click on finish.

4. Press the Win + R key to open the run window. Type “shutdown -s -t 00”. [s means shutdown while t means the duration after which you want to initiate the shutdown process]. If some open processes or application won’t let you turn off, append a -f switch to force a shut down by closing all active processes.
5. Press Win + M key to minimize all active windows and press Alt + F4 to bring shutdown options dialogue box. Choose shutdown from drop-down list and press Enter.
#-Link-Snipped-#
6. One more simple but less know way is to use Run window. It’s a bit long but a way too. ;-) . Press Win + R and now type “cmd” and enter. then type “Shutdown –s –t 000” and press Enter. Piece of Cake. 😀
#-Link-Snipped-#
7. You can also download utilities from internet which can perform the task of shutdown for you. Go here. shutdown utility - Google Search .
8. The last and the most powerful way (yeah ;-)) is to set your power button on Shutdown. Just press or hold down the power button and your system will shutdown. But it is advisable only in case of system freeze or deadlock conditions.
I hope you've enjoyed the post.If i missed something then feel free to reply below and will update the same.
Till then, Happy Geeking ;-)

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The second method (Using keyboard) doesn't work on Windows 7; If you press Windows key and then 'u', the character 'u' is typed on the search bar and Windows searches for files n programs containing 'u'.

And btw, I rarely shut down my computer these days.. I'll almost always hibernate it. 😁
  • Kydroxen
    Kydroxen
    silverscorpion
    The second method (Using keyboard) doesn't work on Windows 7; If you press Windows key and then 'u', the character 'u' is typed on the search bar and Windows searches for files n programs containing 'u'.

And btw, I rarely shut down my computer these days.. I'll almost always hibernate it. 😁
    yeah... i forgot to mention it. thanks for reminding me. 😀
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    For Windows 7, you can shutdown computer by pressing Windows key and then pressing Tab two times and pressing enter.
  • Kydroxen
    Kydroxen
    Varsha0802
    For Windows 7, you can shutdown computer by pressing Windows key and then pressing Tab two times and pressing enter.
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks for sharing this tip. I'll update the post. ☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, I am MITALI SHUKLA, persuing B TECH in ELECTRONICS and COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING from Bharat Intitute of Technology, Meerut. I am a 3rd year student. It gives me pleasure...
I'm looking to buy the best available graphics card for the price. Tell me which one among Nvidia or ATI which is good? I've not yet decided on the specific...
5 Pirates Puzzle​ The Puzzle:​ 5 pirates of different ages have a treasure of 100 gold coins. On their ship, they decide to split the coins using this scheme: The...
Wishing You many many Happy Returns of the day Kidakaka.
I am just an fourth year student of Kannur Engineering college and wish to do an innovative project.........Have u got any 👍