Difference between window AC and split AC

please tell me the practical difference between
window based A.C. and split A.C. that we assemble in our homes for domestic use

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    compressor unit of Split AC is separate from the fan,while in window AC both are merged,one of the major differences
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    1. Budget :Window AC Costs around Rs.16000 of a good brand and a split AC costs around Rs 25000.
    Thus Window AC is cheaper than Split AC.

2. Noise: Split AC is less noisy than window AC.

3. Flexible : If you plan to relocate Split AC are not a good option compared to Window Ac. Split ACs are difficult to transport . Chances of refrigerant leakages are a little higher in case of a split AC.

4. Looks: Split AC definately wins over window AC when we talk of looks.

5. Convenient position : Though Split AC can be located conveniently but elaborate piping needs to be done.
  • varun dutt
    varun dutt
    window ac is only for a single room but split ac can cover two or more rooms.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my PC got struck up with viruses so i need help to remove these and i have tried using anti virus but its not possible ....................
(Ledbury, April 28th) There is no escaping it, 2010 is the year WiFi on trains came of age. As more and more train operators around the world bite the bullet...
Thought of sharing a smal story with you all, I have received this in an e-mail from my friend: It was a Sports Stadium. Eight Children were standing on the...
hey guys this is bookie.i am from india and my major is computers my aim in life is to live life lavishly i joined CE because i am a crazy...
So, the news is out. HP is buying Palm (the makers of WebOS and Pre phones) for $1.2 billion. The details of the deal aren't out yet and its not...