Difference between quality assurance and quality control

what is the difference between
Quality Assurance and Quality
Control ??

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Quality control is a continuous process. It is the process of continuously monitoring, and maintaining the quality of the products manufactured in a company.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As #-Link-Snipped-# said, control is going to be an ongoing process, mostly about various mechanisms to make sure that the product or system matches the quality guidelines set.

Assurance is basically 'assurance' or 'promise' made to the relevant stakeholders of the product / service or / system.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As

Assurance is basically 'assurance' or 'promise' made to the relevant stakeholders of the product / service or / system.
    i knew this point, but i wasn't so sure of this.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Quite some people get confused when these two terms come across for the first time.

As the words speak for themselves and As rightly said by Biggie above, Assurance is the act of preventing the defects, making it a proactive process. Whereas Control is a reactive process - as it deals with identifying & fixing defects after the product development is complete. 👍
  • Mohammed Abdul Rafay
    Mohammed Abdul Rafay

Checkout this amazing article on Quality Dashboard

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

I found these points to be quite informative -

No.

Quality Assurance (QA)

Quality Control (QC)

A set of activities designed to ensure that the development and/or maintenance process is adequate to ensure a system will meet its objectives.Quality Control: A set of activities designed to evaluate a developed work product.
    QA activities ensure that the process is defined and appropriate. Methodology and standards development are examples of QA activities. A QA review would focus on the process elements of a project - e.g., are requirements being defined at the proper level of detail.QC activities focus on finding defects in specific deliverables - e.g., are the defined requirements the right requirements
    QA is process orientedQC is product oriented.
    Preventive activities.It is an antidotal method.
    Quality Assurance makes sure you are doing the right things, the right way.Quality Control makes sure the results of what you've done are what you expected.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anybody have the ER model on bank management system???
Name:Evan Engineering Trade: Agricultural Location: Ontario, Canada *Occupation: Student Work Experience: N/A *Hobbies & Interests: Gardening, Areoponic/Fogponics, video games, working out *Aim in life: work in an vertical farm *I...
There is an encoded message at the top of the community page. That was really smart. Kudos! Guys do try to decode or decrypt the message. Its a pretty 'Basic'...
Touchscreens had become quite popular among the users due to its interactive capabilities. Touchscreens have over taken almost every gadget trying to kick out mouse pointers. As it got more...
Hello, I want to know what is the difference between ® and ™ registration ? Can anyone guide me to a detailed document by authority which state the difference between...