difference between open source and free software

what is the main difference between open source software and free software?
whether am i correct, in open source software source file is given liberty for all users and you have to pay once to get the open source software were as in free software, source file is also given liberty for all users and no cost for buying .
correct me , if i am wrong

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Free software is the one for which you dont have to pay any money but you dont get access to the source code. They are also called Freewares

Open Source software are those which are also available free but user can access the source and modify it too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Twitter has opened up a new headquarter at San Francisco. Tech blog Mashable share some beautiful shots of the new office. You can see a yoga studio, a rooftop garden...
what is basically pull up and pull down resistor? when do we use these? are there any equations so as to calculate the values of pull up/down resistors? what difference...
plzz help me in my home automation project plzz post ur suggestion regarding this project eg what i can add in my project for home automation where to start etc...
I am ktr.I am pursuing my B.E. graduation from a reputed instituion.
Hi guys, i'm zakwan kureshi ,final year student in ec engi. plz help me to find some innovative idea for my final year project... i want that type project which...