difference between impact and impulse

what is the differance between impact and impulse?and also what is the differance between kinetic and dynamic?

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    The study of the causes of motion and changes in motion is dynamics. The study of effect of force and torque on motion is Dynamics.
    Kinematics describes the motion of object without considering the causes leading to the motion.

Impact force is force acting for a very short period of time. Impulse is force multiplied by the time duration during which the force acts.
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    mechky
    The study of the causes of motion and changes in motion is dynamics. The study of effect of force and torque on motion is Dynamics.
    Kinematics describes the motion of object without considering the causes leading to the motion.

Impact force is force acting for a very short period of time. Impulse is force multiplied by the time duration during which the force acts.[/quote
    sorry mechky i m not satisfied with ur answer....just answer me that what is the differance between kinematics and dynamics?
  • mechky
    mechky
    Kinematics is the branch of mechanics that describes the motion of points, bodies and systems of bodies without consideration given to its mass or the forces acting on it. To describe motion, kinematics studies the trajectories of points, lines and other geometric objects and their differential properties such as velocity and acceleration.
    Dynamics is the branch of mechanics that is concerned with the effects of forces on the motion of a body or system of bodies, especially of forces that do not originate within the system itself.

In simple words, in kinematics we deal with quantities like velocity and acceleration to describe motion of the body without considering the forces acting on the body that cause this motion. In dynamics we give consideration to various external forces that act on the body and cause motion.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    IMPACT:
    [​IMG]

IMPULSE:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    to give an even simple explaination,

kinematics are forces which are transmitted through mechanical components which are physically in contact with each other.

dynamic forces are those which act randomly and are often invisible. examples are the centrifugal force, the force which puts an automobile differential in action, etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all again, I am a Mechanical engineer from Mathura and I want to know what is the physical significance of momentum? Any kind of explanation, links, videos or tutorials...
I gave exam for ECIL GET-2012 for CSE on June 10th 2012 here i am giving exam pattern and some of the questions they asked in the exam. 1)Exam consists...
Hello guys i need some help regarding on how to model a volumetric heat flux in ansys??
Can Any one Suggest me a good Softwares for drawing Process Flow Diagrams and P&I Diagrams. Any good Software will do..
what is a text editor? actually do