CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ambarish Ganesh • 18 Jul, 2013 • 2 likes
Listed below is the difference between 2-Stroke and 4-stroke engines:

In case of two stroke engine, rotation of crank shaft will be power stroke for every one rotation. During compression stroke, fuel will flow towards the crank case(suction) and during power stroke, exhaust will emit the burnt fuel through the transfer ports.

While in case of four stroke engine, rotation of crank shaft will be power stroke for every two rotation. Moreover, suction compression power and exhaust strokes are separate as there will be inlet and exhaust valves.

1013481_648922348469666_1766779476_n (1)
Image via: 4Stroke Machines
@Kaustubh Katdare • 18 Jul, 2013 Great thread, The_Wise_Fool! I remember an old discussion on CE about 6-stroke engines: https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/six-stroke-engine.446/ . Does it matter here?
@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran • 18 Jul, 2013 • 1 like In four stroke-there was individual stroke for both suction and exhaust.But in case of two stroke engine there were only two strokes namely compression and power(no suction and exhaust) stroke.Two stroke engines drawback is of lower efficiency,scavenging loss etc.Four stroke has a better efficiency and no scavenging loss.Two stroke engines produce more pollution compared to four stroke engines.In two stroke engines , a seperate transfer case is present.Ports are present only in two strokes.
@Farhan afaaq • 23 Oct, 2016 • 1 like Awesome answer.
4.1k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 9, 2014

As manufacturers around the world are sprinting towards getting the wearables (especially the smartwatches) on their portfolio, here we have a product titled 'Trendy Style L12S OLED Bluetooth Bracelet Watch'...
14.5k views

@Sandhya Nattu · Jul 2, 2012

Will some one help me in converting pdf file to excel using java??
3.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 22, 2015

​ When I first heard about the HDMI dongle developed by an Indian startup (aka Mango Man Consumer Electronics Pvt. Ltd based out of Bangalore), I was pleasantly surprised. Teewe...
4.1k views

@vmk · May 8, 2012

i am M tech student, i want to publish research paper but don't know how? help me by giving your suggestions.
3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 10, 2015

The minimum criteria for job applications has become a major issue. I have realized that there has to be a list of companies or jobs which students who couldn't score...
5.7k views