Diesel engine power plants.

A diesel engine power plant as most of you may know, is used in hilly areas where power requirement is low and where there are no grids. it is also used in cities to supplement peak loads.

here are somethings worth discussing about:

1. what type of prime movers do the machinery in the plant like the coolant pump, fuel pump, air compressor use ? electric motors or I.C engines ?

2. What is the best way of starting the diesel engine ? using a motor or petrol engine ? or using compressed air ? won't the latter method only complicate the engine design ? what do you think ?

Replies

• SYED BASEERULLAH
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    you can refer the file which i have uploaded it seemed to me to be very helpful...........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Almost everybody here in CE love engineering. but there might be some situations which really perplex you ? what are they ? for me it is when the graphs do...
Hi Crazy Engineers!!!😀 I doing a project for a windmill company. I would like to know are there any sensors to measure the voltage and current generated from the windmill...
blowers, centrifugal fans, and rotary air compressors . are they the same machine with three different names, or are they three different machines with their own unique functions ? as...
Google has acquired the Sparrow mail app. The sparrow mail app is a popular app available on both OSX and iOS. Here's an email from the CEO - Hello, We're...
I found this software while surfing down the latest tech developments. The raptor tool is a Flow chart interpreter, which allows the students to visualize or in other words, compile...