Did You Experience The Power Cut Yesterday?

Eight states in North India suffer the greed of Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. It was the worst power cut I had seen, starting at 2:33 am. It was almost 10 hrs before I could turn on my air conditioner. Though delhi-ites were a bit lucky, as some areas experienced the cut for more than 15 hours. Delhi, UP, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir includes the minority that faced the power cut. The reason was a 'grid crash'. Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh had been overdrawing power from the grid leading to the crash. Not only were the people affected, but so was metro. Delhi metro started with it's route one hour late and was irregular the entire time! Added to the affected metro were the affected Northern Railway trains.
Though the government had imposed penalties for drawing excess power since last year, but no effective result is out. It is believed that the states may face similar condition in future if things are not improved! Hence, the government is planning to take strict actions against this.
I had experienced the power cut, and don't really want another in future. Hope the government comes out with better measures. Did you experience it too?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    UPDATES:
    Total state impacted: 21
    Total mass impacted: 650 Million

Result: Life of normal human being is derailed.

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The world’s largest blackout ever has crippled roughly half of India. This massive blackout represents a culmination of problems in India’s power sector that range from coal supply problems to insolvent power distributors that have hampered development of adequate generating capacity.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has it been restored yet? Our traffic from North India has gone down significantly. Quite obvious.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to this press release from Facebook, now when you click on the Photos on top of your timeline the users can get to see larger photos covering the entire...
As you might know the Uplay application is a system where the users gain points and rewards for performance which are logged online and it comes bundled with many Ubisoft...
According to this Gmail blog post, the regular video chat of Gmail is being upgraded to Google+ Hangouts. While the regular video chat made use of peer-to-peer technology, Hangouts are...
have u gone through this...isn't it an innovative towards helping those people who can't move their's limbs???
Hi my name is Mayank gulati and I have completed my graduation from dronacharya college farukhnagar gurgaon in computer science stream in 2011 and i like programming