DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY THE LETTERS IN 'QWERTY" KEYBOARD ARE IN THAT ORDER?

DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY THE LETTERS IN 'QWERTY" KEYBOARD ARE IN THAT ORDER?

QWERTY

Did you notice above QWERTY keyboard?
This doesn't have number 0 and 1; as it was suggested that alphabet 'o' and 'I' can be used for the numbers.

In 1874 Christopher Latham Sholes an American inventor invented the first practical typewriter 'QWERTY' style which is popular and in use till today. Actually, after many un-successful attempts 'James Densmore' had suggested him splitting up commonly used letter combinations. Per him the reason was to slow typists down by putting the most common letters in the most hard to reach places, and thus reduce jamming.

The regular sequence the original keyboards would jam if letters that were next to each other were pressed in too rapid succession.

Although modern technology has emerged a lot and may not have any issue with jamming, but the keyboard order still ruling and is still the one we use today!

In your mind can you imagine a new keyboard style and ordering that can be used to ease out of the typers life???

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    real good know the reason behind the QWERTY keyboard,
    😘
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I think micromax has released a alphabetical order keyboard but success was a hypothetical question .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am going to make a submarine which weighs 4-5 kg.. i am thinking of using 2 motors for the movement. what kind and specification of motor would be appropriate...
I think a lot of members visiting computer science / IT / Networking section have doubts about the kind of discussions this section should have. Well, it's a technical discussion...
System76, the computer manufacturer well-known and highly appreciated for their support of opensource software has released new Sable Complete All-in-one PC with Ubuntu Linux pre-installed. The U.S based company, in...
what is the output or an error? void main() { int a=10,*c,**b; *c = &*a; **d = &*c; printf("%d %d %d",a,*c,**b); getch(); }Please don't compile!