View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12940 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
harshitha
harshitha • Oct 3, 2007

developing text editor using C

Dear reader,

Somebody kindly tell me as to how to develop a text editor using C language and ncurses library. Where can i get a ready source code for it?
Also kindly tell me what is ncurses library? How to use ncurses library? Kindly tell me about the books that i have to refer in order to develop a text editor for a mini project in my college.Also give me the details of the books that i have to refer to uderstand ncurses library. kindly give the details of the books which contain the source code of text editors designed in Clanguage using the ncurses library.Whoever reads this post kindly reply to
Prasad Ajinkya
Prasad Ajinkya • Oct 5, 2007
https://tldp.org/HOWTO/NCURSES-Programming-HOWTO/

😀

Waise, if you want to develop a very rudimentary editor, you can directly do it through native file handling, et al, eh?
mahul
mahul • Nov 15, 2007
it wd b interesting 2 develop this....i was workin' on this bt lost steam...cntct me 4 details
ursskmdali
ursskmdali • Dec 3, 2007
Can you give me the details of text editor. I am interested to develop the similar one. My e-mail id is : ursskmdali@hotmail.com
smithu.simi
smithu.simi • Jul 5, 2008
i too need help... more info on text editor implemented in C is needed.... pls post on me the references that can be used to smithu.simi@gmail.com
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jul 5, 2008
No one's going to email you - smithu. We ask that all discussions should happen on CE Forums so that everyone gets benefited.
xheavenlyx
xheavenlyx • Jul 6, 2008
Biggie you are a good admin!! 😀

Smithi, what ever your progress please do share it with us ok? This is a place to learn and share what we learn 😀
Itanium
Itanium • Aug 2, 2008
anything going on the text editor developement ?
umesh936
umesh936 • Aug 12, 2008
hi guys
do sumthing new its look like school project ,here is link that can help u
EDIT by Mahdi
one more
c, c++, c__,Free source code for the taking. Over five million lines of programs.
may b this is help full
bys
niraj.kumar
niraj.kumar • Aug 21, 2008
You can find books on NCURSE Library over here
NCURSE Library

Share this content on your social channels -