Details about Wireless sensor network

Please give me the brife details about wireless sensor network........

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    ...can be implemented using wireless mesh networks.
    Saying that the challenge would be with the deployment very small , highly power efficient sensors which need to act as a transrecivers and also a processing unit to continously monitor.
    A wireless network in general can consists of client layout communicating with a mesh router which migth sometimes act as a gateway router to internet as well.
    the simplest exmaple to consider is a floor with few thousands of sensors deployed to detect smoke/fire. When one sensor detects that temparature at a given location is rising , rather than immediately raising an alaram , it sends the information to adjacent sensor and comapres its details with the newly accquried details.if it finds that the adajacent sensor or a distant sensor using multi-hop communcation . If the results show a very simlar reading as this one, then a alaram is raised which is then sent to the mesh router present in the corner of the floor.
    the above is just one example, you can think about pollution levels / traffic levels on street or amount of oxygen present ina closed chamber or any such circumstances which need constant monitoring. Give a read to MN cleint topology
  • inbapuvi
    inbapuvi
    Thanks durga
  • Ann Mathew
    Ann Mathew
    I am doing a research oriented project.The topic is MOBILE NETWORK SUPPORTED WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK.We have thought of simulating the sensor part using ns2.But it doesnt support graphical interface for wireless network.We thought of continuing with INSPECT tool.But ended in inastallation bugs.We are stuck.Has anyone got any idea?
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    consisting of spatially distributed autonomous devices using sensors to cooperatively monitor physical or environmental conditions,
    such as temperature, sound, vibration, pressure at different locations
    mostly used by military applications
    each node in a sensor network is typically equipped with a radio transceiver or other wireless communications device, a small microcontroller, and an energy source, usually a battery.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hi Ann,

One of our CEan VIK001IND,suggested he was using TinyOS for WSN. May be you can give it a try .
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Wireless sensor network are different from wireless network, don't mix up both.
    WSN consists of nodes, aggregator & base station. Base Station is responsible for setting up sensor groups, i.e. initialization. Each sensor group consists of a aggregator & some nodes that sense the particular activity, for which they are meant for. Aggregator gives commands to nodes & nodes sends there data sensed to the aggregator. All data finally gets collected to the base station. This is the basic idea how WSN works.

WSNs are used in various fields such as detecting pollutants level in rivers near factory, detecting intruders activity in a military zone, environmental pollution etc.

[​IMG]
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Ann Mathew
    I am doing a research oriented project.The topic is MOBILE NETWORK SUPPORTED WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK.We have thought of simulating the sensor part using ns2.But it doesnt support graphical interface for wireless network.We thought of continuing with INSPECT tool.But ended in inastallation bugs.We are stuck.Has anyone got any idea?
    I don't know whether tinyOS will support mobile network. Perhaps you should try Omnet++ first.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    WSNs would certainly be useful for our bomb detection discussions 😀
  • Ann Mathew
    Ann Mathew
    Thank you .Well I will try

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a fresher, I've finished Computer science engineering in 2009. Now since there are several paths like Javaprogrammer, DotNet programmer, Oracle, DBA, Networking, VC++, C# and much more, I...
“What Are Your Main Worries About Your Future?” Slough, 16th September 2009: Findings from the [1]Realtime Generation Survey 2009 are published today, revealing the education and career choices, expectations and...
how ar you for all, i have chosen the field of my FYP which is SCADA System . now , can anyone give me an idea on which part is...
I'm doing a project on automatic brakes in two wheelers.i need to know about a light ray or a wave which will get reflected from any mean like human skin.....
a vhdl code for generation of pulses of the form: T on= 10 T off=20 T on=30 T off=40 and so on...