Designing Software

Hey everyone, I'm doing my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, currently in third year. Honestly, i spent the two years in my engineering not knowing what I'm actually doing. I just focused (kind of) on my academics and cleared all the semesters. I haven't done anything practical in my field. I just have studied theoretically. So I'm kind of a naive person when it comes to practical mechanical engineering. Now as I am in third year i have started to take things seriously and I am willing to learn some designing software like AutoCad, Pro E, Solid Works, Unigraphics etc. I learned basic 2D AutoCad as a part of our semester course in my 1st semester which was quite easy. So what i wanted to ask you guys is that, where should i start from? Which software courses should i take? And what are your recommendations for a person like me. Please do respond. I'll be waiting for your answers. Thank you!

Replies

• BINAY AGRAWAL
    BINAY AGRAWAL
    Every designing software has its own importance.
    For starting purpose AutoCad is best but after that if you are with surface modelling than you should go for CATIA V5 ,and for solid modelling Pro-E is good.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Learn any software. But try to grasp its logic. Interpreting input and output is most important thing. Otherwise even an accountant can handle an engineering software.
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    Dear friend start working in Solid works and ANSYS as early as possible to excel in the field of modeling and simulation ............
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Google Sketchup is a good and easy to learn 3d sofatware. Oh and its free from google.
  • viratvicky
    viratvicky
    first its better to do Auto cad...after then if u want to shift automobie side go for CATIA, or if u want to stick on mechanical, go for Pro e
  • CKRao
    CKRao
    Ammar Aziz
    Dear friend start working in Solid works and ANSYS as early as possible to excel in the field of modeling and simulation ............
    To start ANSYS, u need to first know a modelling software like CATIA... since ANSYS is an analysis software, Modelling in ANSYS is very difficult.
  • Trilok Gupta
    Trilok Gupta
    PRO-E Software's new version name CREO best software ever have!
    their authorized center are also there in gurgaon

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We're keen to use the latest technology, and all we're often left out is with this. Don't we have anything to say about it? Have we not let these companies...
The advancement in technology has shown us eras with Lathe being called the mother of all machines,the dedicated manufacturing system and the flexible manufacturing system. The dedicated manufacturing system was...
A team of students at Columbia University has been working on a robotic arm that reacts to facial gestures. The robotic arm is called, well, ARM, which stands for Assistive...
Samsung is back with yet another tablet (how often do we use 'yet another' here?) that's featuring an 8-inch screen and so it won't categorize in the smartphone section ever....
Bullying in schools is so common. Wherever you are, in any part of the world, you know someone who got bullied in school or even college. Here's a nice take...