Designing of surface broach tool (help)

hello crazys....
we are working on our B.E project "designing and manufacturing of broach machine for thrust washers".
we are designing a surface broach tool. we're having difficulties in finding the relevant data. Where can i get this data? which books do i need to refer?

what is the helix angle to be considered?. (what is it's effect)
how to decide land , pitch ,length of the cutter,rake angle and other essential parameters?

DATA:
cutting force-aprox. 5 tons.
materials-Copper alloys and Aluminium alloys.
depth of cut/tooth-0.1mm.( total thickness to be removed- 0.5mm)
tolerance-30 microns.
length of cut-85mm.
width of cut-80mm.

Replies

• andeo009
    andeo009
    dont be so tensed buddy!!!!!!!!!
    You need to refer reffernce books like You will definitely get ans..
    pitch 4 ur tool must b 5 to 8....
  • pranavladkat
    pranavladkat

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wan't to know that what is PF usage in the computer ?
Every time when something wrong goes in US, whole world faces its consequences. Now its about outsourcing. Even the India's giant company, Infosys , too replied that its very serious...
jovial (adj): happy; in good spirits; jolly junction (n): Convergence; linkup; the act or state of being joined together Juncture can mean the same thing as junction, but more often...
This article is given in power system book by V.K.Mehta please read this and answer my question: PHASE ADVANCER:phase advancers are used to improve the power factor of induction motors.The...
karma (n): Good or bad emanations from someone or something This is different from the Hindu or Buddhist belief, that a person's actions in life determine his or her fate...