Design two stage gear box with helical gears

I want to design two stage gear box with helical gears. Can u help me?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Sure, would be glad to. What are your specific questions? Can you share your design so far?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hmm.. sounds complicated ๐Ÿ˜› What are the stages required to design a gear box?
  • SeemaRao
    SeemaRao
    i dnt hv any idea on dis..
    Sorry..

SeemaRao, please make sure to refrain from using sms text when posting. thanks! Gohm
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    Hmm.. sounds complicated ๐Ÿ˜› What are the stages required to design a gear box?
    It is not complicated. Just follow the steps one at a time and you will have a gear box in no time. Though some information like the rpm of shaft, torque, speed reduction etc may ease the task. I guess the guy just wrote an incomplete question.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    any one an give the advantges of helical gears๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
  • Differential
    Differential
    1) Smooth operations
    2) Smooth teeth contact
    3) Distribution of load on multiple teeth at a time. ie more than one tooth engagement at a time
    4) Less noise as compared to spur gears

What else? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ankur verma
    ankur verma
    less noise and distribution of load is o.k. but how can you ensure smooth teeth contact,
    because if in any case slipping occurs, then teeth will get mismatched.
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    what is the basic requirement for the design...
    meaning where you are going to use this gear box...
  • Dan68
    Dan68
    well where you need to start is your parameters. where does the input output need to be. What forces are there involved to get an idea of the shaft size. What size will you gears be. What ratio do you need. Its really step by step and each value you set, sets the parameter of the next part. It will see measy once you have done it
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    To design gear box one should know input & output parameters.

Tom
    CAD Outsourcing Services India | Indovance Inc
  • RUCHI JAIN
    RUCHI JAIN
    Please,send the data for Gear Box Design as:
    1) Equipment for which it is to be design
    2) Gear Box Ratio
    3) space available
    4) Material of construction
    5) Input Power.
    6) Torque
    This specificatios is require to design two stage Gear Box.
    Or you meet to Gear manufacturer as Elecon , Shanti Gears.
  • chavanmahesh
    chavanmahesh
    I want to design two stage gear box with helical & spur gears. Can u help me?
  • Kishor Kere
    Kishor Kere
    How to design two stage gear box....
    Parameters...power to be transmitted 7.5kw
    Driving machine electric motor speed 1440rpm.....driven machine spees 192rpm...
    First stage gear spur and for second stage helical gear ....so tell how to design two stage reduction gear box.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm not sure if I've posted this before. Do take a moment to look here - Thank an Engineer
hi , today when i opend my pc i tryed to open my oracle sql plus i entered username and paswerd username as :system password as i was using earliar...
Blu-ray disk is avalable in india??? and what is it's prices ??? what is it's writters prices???
Suggest abt some gud projects to under take .. I am interested in Signal processing, Controlsystems, also on Transmission and distribution... The duration for project is about 1 year..
hey everybody, I'm using a PM35L-048 stepper motor for my final year project. the motor datasheet mentions that the rated voltage is 24 V. when using this voltage the motor...