Deploying/Hosting a static site built in HTML,CSS and Javascript...

I have developed a static website, now I want to deploy it. The coding part is done majorly on 3 platforms: HTML, CSS, Javascript. There is no database connectivity and all that stuff, its just an informative website. Could someone help me with the steps of deployment of the site.....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    satprakash
    I have developed a static website, now I want to deploy it. The coding part is done majorly on 3 platforms: HTML, CSS, Javascript. There is no database connectivity and all that stuff, its just an informative website. Could someone help me with the steps of deployment of the site.....
    I'm assuming that all the pages you've created are interlinked so that navigation is easy. You will need a web host that provides you hosting space and web server along with FTP access.

Get your FTP login credentials from your web host and the connect to it using an FTP client like FileZilla. Upload your files to web-root (in most cases it's public_html folder). Update your domain's DNS records to point to the new server. Your host will give you exact settings (IP addresses) you need to access your website over the Internet.

Does that help?
  • satprakash
    satprakash
    First of all thank-you for replying to the post......
    Yes, I have interlinked the pages and have already checked them on my local server (WAMP). The navigation is working perfectly. As you suggest, I shall now get some hosting space from hosting service providers like Znet, godaddy etc. These service providers will provide me with my FTP credentials as well as the FTP Client, with the use of that, I should upload all the pages, images, javascripts and the CSS file in the web root space. Finally, I just need to update the DNS records to publish the website online. Right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Basic steps are the same. Make sure that the navigation is either relative to the root path or hard-code with your domain reference. Else it'll break when you're online.

Do let us know once you're live.
  • satprakash
    satprakash
    okay...
    Thank you 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bad news for the Galaxy S phone owners - your phone isn't eligible for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. Today, official Samsung post explains why ICS isn't coming...
Today I got to know about a Facebook application that encouraging Fake registrations on various sites. I don't want to disclose that name or the link here. Really they are...
which one will you prefer from the point of view of your career either mechanical engineering or software engineering. If ..........Why?
The concept of Grammars and Natural language processing in the Compiler Design was neatly explained by Prof.Kamala Krithivasan, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to share...
In general, the theory says that reducing engine temperature reduces NOx emissions. Is anyone aware of the temperatures at which NOx is produced in automobile engines(gasoline engines)? Please provide some...