Dell XPS Developer Edition (uBuntu) Available For $1549

Dell had promised to ship the XPS model installed with uBuntu operating system and has now launched it with a price tag of $1549. The uBuntu version that ships with XPS is Precise Pangolin. You'll also receive project Sputnik's dev tools pre-installed on the machine.

The hardware configuration lists Intel i5 or i7 Ivy Bridge CPU, 8GB of RAM, 256 GB SATA III SSD. Note that though uBuntu is free, this version is ~$50 more costly than the Windows edition.

I've no clue when this machine will arrive in India. I however doubt people will really want to spend that money on this machine. For the price, I'm sure the uBuntu geeks can built a better machine (desktop), what say?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We covered it first on VoiCE here -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

and then did its follow up with a post -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

And I think Ubuntu & Open-Source lovers will actually pay that amount. 😲 It will be again the very few, but they will be there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bollywood Actor Dino Morea is also a businessman who runs Crepe Station in Mumbai along with his brother Nicolo Morea. While Mr. Morea hasn't made it 'big' yet in Bollywood...
Hello everybody...!!! I would like to introduce myself as below: Name: Prashant C Chaturvedi Engineering Trade: Electronics & Instrumentation Location: Noida *Occupation: Working as Sr. Software Engineer in a Offshore...
pls i would like to know what can be designed with four bar linkages and help on how to go about it
Startup Village located in Kochi is the first one in India and second city in the world to get the 1 Gbps internet line. CM of Kerala inaugurated the line...
we all are familiar with non reflecting thin films let me discuss about the concept we use to derive the thickness of the film. we made to satisfy the condition...