Dell Comes Up With Latitude Rugged Extreme Laptop Lineup

Dell has introduced a new pair of Latitude Rugged Laptops. The Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme is a convertible notebook that can be easily transformed into tablet while the Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme notebook has a more traditional rugged design and built to perform in the most demanding conditions. As the name suggests, Dell’s new rugged extreme line of 2-in-1 notebooks are designed to withstand dust and moisture, resist blows even if dropped from height of 6 feet and can survive in extreme temperatures and other adverse conditions such as military and construction environments.
Dell_Rugged_Notebooks

Going into the specs of these notebooks- both of them can be configured with Intel Core i7 4th generation processor, up to 16GB of RAM and up to a 512GB SSD. The company did not reveal the full list of specs but there is a full HD webcam with a privacy shutter, 8-megapixel bottom camera with flash on the Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme, native serial on all Rugged Extreme products with dual serial/RJ-45 on the Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme and USB 3.0. With the 12-inch model, there is a joint that allows the touch-enabled screen to flip all the way back so that the screen faces up and the keyboard faces down. Both the models have a backlit keyboard which illuminates the keys, but can go dark if the user wants. To stay connected both the models offer wireless applications like dedicated GPS, mobile broadband. The notebooks support fourth-generation QuadCool thermal management enabling performance of devices at high temperatures.
Dell_Rugged_Notebooks1

Dell has always had battery problems but this rugged extreme laptop lineup will have a long-battery life up to 8.5 hours for the former while 14 hours for the latter. The Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme notebook will be available from 6th May and start from $3,649 while the Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme will begin from $3,499 and will be available around mid-May. Share your views on this new range of rugged laptops.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    While all the improvements seem to have been made to strengthen the laptop body nothing seems to have been done to enhance the screen. The screen is the first component that will fail in rough conditions. Adding a Gorilla Glass would have helped.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The market for these laptops is very different. The military grade nature of these laptops make them suitable for the people who need it to WORK - no matter what.
    For normal users, who won't be using their gadgets in such extreme conditions, some great cases are available to keep your beloved laptop protected.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Self portraits or selfie is a digital phenomenon that does not seem to have an expiry date. Like other internet generated trends like flash mobs which managed to go out...
hello I am a mechanical engineer currently working in Automotive industry (R&D). I am getting 3p.a. Which is not at all sufficient these days.. So i want to pursue my...
Demonstrating the power of social media, a number of photos on Facebook have sprung from almost obscurity to being viral. These photos include ones that anyone would predict to go...
Multi-tasking on Ubuntu Phone is very nicely done. May be it's my personal opinion, but multi-tasking using swipes (Ubuntu Touch) is better than multi-tasking using buttons (Android). OS functions should...
Keith Baxter submitted a new project: Kyub 3D MIDI Controller - Music Keyboard with capacitive sensing and accelerometer control The Kyub is a maker friendly, open source MIDI keyboard that...