Deleted data can be recovered, how?

We know that deleted data can be recovered.
where this data is stored on disk?
how can we recover it without using any data recovery software?

Replies

• Vega
    Vega
    Depends upon what and how you delete. In windows, deleted files go to Recycle Bin.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I guess, there is no way to recover files deleted from recycle bin without the use of any recovery software.

Regarding recovery software, Recover My files is good.
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    Data can be recovered without any software only if you have a thorough understanding of the hexadecimal machine codes and you can decipher them yourself. And that's most unlikely, though
  • Pallavi Wadhwa
    Pallavi Wadhwa
    😕
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    rishabh_destiny
    Data can be recovered without any software only if you have a thorough understanding of the hexadecimal machine codes and you can decipher them yourself. And that's most unlikely, though
    hey buddy could you please explain this kind of recovery...its just out of my mind...😕
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    See, data is stored in memory locations in drive. Each memory location is defined by hex codes like (FF00xx, etc.) There are zillions of memory locations in a single drive. Basically, a data is NEVER deleted. It's only over-written on a previous memory location. The whole data deletion process is misunderstood by many.

Deleting a data DOES NOT mean that data is wiped out. It simply means that the explorer (or the file allocator) *forgets* about the memory location on which the deleted data was stored. That makes that memory location, available for another data and thus, your disk space is decreased after a delete.
    So, the data is still there (in case, that memory location isn't ye filled by another data and the drive is not defragged). So, what a data recovery softy do is, re-allocate those missing file location (which are in hex codes).
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    thanks for this..
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Try This...

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    REDUNDANT INFORMATION!
    Already had a Similar thread!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    ok. And that thread deviated to backup processes
  • savitha_chandu
    savitha_chandu
    i think you can go with the tuneup utilities software in which it provides a option called tuneup undelete which restores accidentally deleted files. also it is helpful in keeping your computer clean when you run it. defragmentation, redundancy check what not everything is facilitated. just try it out.
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    FYI, the OP is NOT asking for softwares. He is interested in recovering data without any software. And everyone is giving his/her own suggestion of *great* softwares...
    *sigh*!
  • thechamp
    thechamp
    @manoj
    when we delete data, its not deleted actually. system changes its name and hide it from our eyes. data is still in the drive.
    this data remains in the drive until it is replaced by another data that you paste in the same drive. data recovery softwares recover that *hidden* data...
    hope that helps you
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    see rishabh is right well it depends on when and what u have deleted whether in recycle bin or permanently see if u have deleted data long ago so its difficult to recover as the memory location is overwritten by new data again and again

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Buildings are the Worst Killers than the Earthquake. Earthquakes don’t kill; badly built houses do. Neglecting earthquake hazards in the design of buildings will not be fair designing. I got...
please suggest some communication based project. ihave to submit it as my major project.
Sir, iwant a fresh electronic concept to give the seminar by using ur information the topics related to my field are Speech processig,communications,any new devices presently running with its good...
hello everyone... I am a little bit curious to know that why the opcode fetch cycle of the instruction "call" is 6 T states??why not 4 T states? waiting eagerly...
hello.. hey...can anybody please tell me the various software and hardware events that can be held at a technical fest???😒