Deformation Terminology problem

i want to ask that what is the difference between anelastic, inelastic, viscoelastic, viscoplastic deformation...
please tell that which depend upon time or not
please tell that which shows recoverable or unrecoverable deformation....
I need immediate help CEAN'S

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    inelastic means plastic, and it means that a particular material will not return to its original shape once the deforming forces are removed.

viscoelastic and viscoplastic seem to be associated with fluids. i am coming across them for the first time.

but from what i can make out from the name, it seems to be the change of viscosity of a fluid with respect to temperature.

if temperature of fluid increases, then its viscosity decreases. now there can be two cases, when this fluid is cooled:

1) on cooling if the fluid gains back its viscosity, then it may be viscoelastic.

2) but even on cooling if the original viscosity is not obtained, then the fluid may be viscoplastic.

(PS: i not sure of it though).
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    zaveri
    inelastic means plastic, and it means that a particular material will not return to its original shape once the deforming forces are removed.

viscoelastic and viscoplastic seem to be associated with fluids. i am coming across them for the first time.

but from what i can make out from the name, it seems to be the change of viscosity of a fluid with respect to temperature.

if temperature of fluid increases, then its viscosity decreases. now there can be two cases, when this fluid is cooled:

1) on cooling if the fluid gains back its viscosity, then it may be viscoelastic.

2) but even on cooling if the original viscosity is not obtained, then the fluid may be viscoplastic.

(PS: i not sure of it though).
    thankx brother

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello,i m a computer system engineering student,i want to make my final year project on the sharing of charge in air via internet,i.e. for example a person is working in...
Hello All, I graduated from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia in December 2010, with a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace engineering (at 26 years of age). Worked as a Document Controller (civil...
I had a triple boot system with windows 8, windows 7 and ubuntu using the windows 8 bootloader, but due certain glitches; i had to reinstall ubuntu and now the...
My self komal kumar sahu ,i am the student of Bachelor of computer Application (B.C.A) from Rungta Group of colleges ,kohka,Bhilai,Distt-Durg(C.G). by Punjab Technical University,jalandhar.As.i m doing my B.C.A course...
Wipro is one of the leading IT & software services company in India. Lot of engineers looking to apply for job might want to have a look at the most...