Defining the scope of each section

CEans,

I'm concerned about the quality of discussions we have on CE Forums. Computer Engineering section, for example was introduced in order to host hardcore computer science & programming related discussions. However, most of the discussions we have there are about computer troubleshooting.

This brings us back to the original question that's been bugging us - how to keep the quality of discussions on CE Forum?

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    It is very difficult to govern what the user is posting, except his language. So I guess the old mantra will have to be followed. The guys who have sound technical knowledge should make sure that forum is full of good discussions. They should also answer the queries posted by naive and nerds together. Moderators can move 'trouble shoot' discussions away from the hard core technical discussions.

Why not have a section called "Ask your questions here" that will be solely dedicated to answering complex and stupid queries of CEans? This was we can bifurcate the traffic from the more interesting and knowledge enriching technical discussions.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    But sorry to say CE is not veery active replying to technical queiries coming around..mainly in real time application cases...i personally have faced such..its going Dull as many is saying...but we have to make changes come across & be a little more focussed in our moves
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    just2rock
    But sorry to say CE is not veery active replying to technical queiries coming around..mainly in real time application cases...i personally have faced such..its going Dull as many is saying...but we have to make changes come across & be a little more focussed in our moves
    CE is not a BOT machine/ a single HUMAN who si responsible for all queries, that you can expect answers. As the famous quote by Abraham Lincoln goes, " government is for the people, by the people and of the people", the more we learn, the more we will be able to answer queries, its not like we have zero activity on technical sections, its just that we need more technically strong people to support us.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hi every body,
    i just want to insist that the quality of discussions in the civil engineering section is not satisfying.
    i don't find people replying or clearing my queries related to civil engineering.
    i think people need to get more actively involved in sharing the information they know.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hi every body,
    i just want to insist that the quality of discussions in the civil engineering section is not satisfying.
    i don't find people replying or clearing my queries related to civil engineering.
    i think people need to get more actively involved in sharing the information they know.
    We apologize for that predicament. It all boils down to lack of knowledgeable CEans in that field I guess.

I'm afraid the main thing you can do is try solving your own queries through your own efforts and research. This way at some point the future, you yourself will be able to help members in that section ๐Ÿ˜€

It might be hard to be selfless during a stage where you deserve assistance, but others would really appreciate your efforts ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yes ash
    maybe self-help is the best help at this moment
    and i do hope to be of some help to others ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    We could try and have weekly discussion topics for each section. For example in Computer/IT section, we discuss about DNA Computing one week and about cloud computing the next, so on and so forth.

The topics can be contributed by members or picked up at random by the CE team (biggie,mods,etc)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜• Can any one help me out where to use high impedance relay and where to use low impedance relays?
I am working in networking . i would like to know the future of networking. want to join in google in future........ please give suggestions...
How to prepare for BHEL all india exam. I am elctronics and communication engg. suggest what are all the books to read for my department.
Hello I want to know , what are the signals used in 8085 microprocessor . It is Urgent for me getting answer of it , if anybody is here and...
any one can suggest me project topics for diplomo engg in mech