Define SAN: Storage Area Network

Define storage area network and write its utility. That's the question I've been asked. It'd be nice if someone can provide an answer to this question. I'm totally new to SAN.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ritesh joshi
    define storage area network and write its utilite
    ...Looks like you want us to do your homework?

PS: Search the Internet.
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    ritesh joshi
    define storage area network and write its utilite
    Ckeckout the book "Information Storage and Management : Storing, Managing, and Protecting Digital Information" by EMC[SUP]2[/SUP].
    Excellent book.You will get all the information related to SAN and other types in a concise manner.
  • vinci
    vinci
    read Wikipedia for more details .but tell me whether this is new concept or older?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Discovernator : Discovery News
It is a common trend among Engineers and Professionals to subscribe to magazines. Most of these magazines are in the form of online Newsletters. Such news letters are not always...
Homemade Wooden GoKart
Friends, Have a look at these engineering updates! voiCE October 22 Smart Cover Can Let Anyone Use Password Protected iPad 2 - CrazyEngineers Oracle Unveils SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 - CrazyEngineers...
We covered Nvidia Tegra 3 News here : Nvidia Tegra 3 Kal-El Quad Core Chip To Be Delivered By 2011 End - CrazyEngineers Today, I found the official promotional video...