Dealing With Text Formatting : Is It Too Hard?

I realized that I spend a lot of time fixing the text formatting in titles and posts made by members. The most common one is letter capitalization. I see not many of us capitalize the first letter of new sentence. It looks little 'odd' when the titels aren't properly formatted.

Call me a perfectionist; but I do spent lot of time fixing it.

How to make any letter capital:

The key combination: SHIFT + quickly makes the letter print in capital. For example, SHIFT+ k => prints: K.

What's your opinion about this? Is typing too hard or too cumbersome to do it properly?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    why cant we bring in some automated features for that here The_Big_K
  • graphite
    graphite
    jeffrey samuel
    why cant we bring in some automated features for that here The_Big_K
    It's like we would spoon fed with automated features.Since school days we are taught that first letter of sentence should be capital.
    The_Big_K
    How to make any letter capital:

The key combination: SHIFT + quickly makes the letter print in capital. For example, SHIFT+ k => prints: K.

What's your opinion about this? Is typing too hard or too cumbersome to do it properly?
    As said by the Biggie capitalizing a letter is easy. Typing is not at all hard.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    not these my friend other common things as used in a normal text editor

i only meant that and capitalizing the first letter of each line is as far as i know is getting OUTDATED it is better we at least high light the main crux of the message at hand by CAPITALIZING them
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    i only meant that and capitalizing the first letter of each line is as far as i know is getting OUTDATED it is better we at least high light the main crux of the message at hand by CAPITALIZING them
    Do you believe that capitalizing and other grammar rules should be abandoned? What makes you feel that it's outdated?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    jeffrey samuel
    not these my friend other common things as used in a normal text editor

Its not like that at all. It actually makes your posts look highly unprofessional. I've no idea what made you think it got outdated.

People should step forward & utilize the grammar everywhere they can. Don't neglect it just because you can. The posts made by most of the members here is pretty embarrassing to be honest as they even lack basic grammatical rules. Few are such low quality that their translation into something meaningful becomes a challenge.

We're so elder now, we've been studying English since our childhood and calling us "Engineer" at this stage yet we're unable to even frame a sentence. Its very embarrassing.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    Do you believe that capitalizing and other grammar rules should be abandoned? What makes you feel that it's outdated?

sir not all are geeks and not are wizards no furthur comments

THE LANGUAGE THEY USE IS THEIRS WE HAVE RIGHTS TO TRAIN AND EDIFY THEM NOT AND NEVER DARE BELITTLE OTHERS CAUSE OF THEIR INEFFICIENCY IN COMMUNICATION

LET NO MAN EVEN IMAGINE OF DOING IT
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    [Prototype]
    The posts made by most of the members here is pretty embarrassing to be honest as they even lack basic grammatical rules. Few are such low quality that their translation into something meaningful becomes a challenge.
    Well,Your comment seems a little offending. Even though, it's not meant for anyone,it's human tendency for many people(including me) to think that it points to them(psychologically.).Yes, you are expressing your views but in my opinion your view can be expressed in a more diplomatic way. There's nothing wrong in expressing ideas.
    Regards.! 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am with #-Link-Snipped-# 1993 in this issue offense will lead to them not EXPRESSING themselves again. NOT ALL TAKE CRITICS IN THE BRIGHTER SIDE AT ALL TIMES
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Apologies if that sound offending, but I don't know any other way to express it. Reported it, requesting deletion. I, in no way believe that my English is any better than others to actually offend someone, yet all I urge people is to give up laziness or false sense of being cool & try to write more formally.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    No offence my friend but that in reality is one area where we need to focus more in this forum. In other places a warning would have been sent for using SMS like text. here though it is not legal we are having a much easy going attitude with that. We may try to implement that if possible here to.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There is no point in deleting a post because others find it offending. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. I checked the post and believe that it does not break any of CE's rules. Everyone's opinion is respected.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yesterday's verdict on Kasab's case brought smile on many faces. Celebrations were on in all parts of India as we celebrate any festival. Then arises another question "When he will...
I AM 'LEARNING' ENGINEERING......................................................
I AM A SOON TO BECOME INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEER I HAVE JOINED THE COMMUNITY TO SHARE MY VIEWS AND HELP THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BRANCH AS...
English has promoted itself to a level that it is considered as a basic neccessity by many people in India. Even though I don't have much praise for the language,I...
whether Google recruits students on off campus if recruits can anyone tel the details