DC-3 - How cool it'd be to rehab one

IMG_0765

I keep thinking how I might want to get an old DC-3 and rehab it. Most of my aviation experience is on F/A-18 Hornets, but I bet it'd be a blast working on an old workhorse like the DC-3.

Has anybody flown or designed anything for one of these?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    You're making me extremely jealous. It has always been my ambition to fly but I am stuck here on a chair in front of a computer.
    These are the moments when I regret to be born in India. 😔

And you flown F/A-18... I'd kill just to fly a Cessna.
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    IMG_1033
    The responsiveness and controls of the F/A-18 are quite awesome. It's not like we can get a personal one though.

A Marine buddy from my squadron took the next big step to awesomeness. He became a Space Shuttle pilot. He's the one in the front on the right.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    That's awesome!
    I wonder why you didn't choose to continue a career with flying?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Coming from a small town called 'Khopoli' in Maharashtra, Ebrahim Popat is the true owner of the tag 'master of his dreams'. After completing his Bachelors in Engineering from Singhad...
How would you like to define intangible as well as tangible assets? Proud moments for India as once again a brain-gem, IIT alumnus Manu Prakash receives the prestigious McArthur Fellowship...
Alcatel, on Friday, has launched Pixi 4 smartphone in the Indian market. The company has launched, previously, the other variants of Pixi 4 series which had larger screen size. This...
If you are music-fancy and have already explored the old offerings of wireless music systems, wait before you take a decision to move on to the next of your favorite...
Micromax has recently revealed its latest smartphone, Canvas 5 Lite Q462, in India. This 4G enabled smartphone comes loaded with Android Lollipop 5.1 OS and is available for sale at...